RSS Feed Print
it would be their 55th anniv.
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 11:08 AM

Originally posted by: maebee

Today would be Mom and Daddy's 55th wedding anniv. Daddy passed away June 20, 2006. Not from AD, but while I have been here, with you, friends.

Dearest Daddy,
Today, you and Mom would have been married 55 years. More than 1/2 of a lifetime. Remember your 50th? All the Children, G-kids, G-G-kids, had various reasons as to not be able to travel north, and spend time at your renewal of vows, and party at church. What fun it was, for all of us to show up at church, just before service. You didn't know, we had all spent the night in a local motel. Sis and I were proud to walk your Bride down the isle! It was beautiful, Daddy, and I know you love mom so much, still. You weren't the romantic type, at all, but we knew; we knew.
I know Mom misses you terribly. I miss you terribly. You would be proud of how Mom is doing. We are taking care of her, as much as she will let us. I know you are in her heart, especially today, and I will make sure that she is OK, that she knows we love her, and you love her. I know she will be at the cemetery today, Daddy. I wish there was a way to let her know you are with her. If she finds one of those dimes today, Daddy, she will know it is you. Was it you, that put the grocery cart full of empty cans, outside the store?? No one knew where they came from. No one claimed them. Mom turned them in. There were 192 cans in that cart Daddy.

I know that you are OK, Daddy. I wanted to let you know that we are, too.
Happy Anniversary, Daddy.
I love you,
Maebee