RSS Feed Print
Chat Room(3)
Internal Administrator
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:39 PM

Originally posted by: FFwife

I have not found anyone in the chat room for people under 65 with AD or other impairments. I would love to be able to have a running conversation with some of you. Is there a reason we don't use it?
Anonymous

Mimi. Thanks, I was in the chat room for all last night but all were caregivers and although they made me feel welcome I think they needed the diwn time and not to discuss my concerns
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Mimi S.

Hi again FF. When you go to the Chat Room, you'll notice the first box is for support. You might try hanging out there, or asking someone who seems knowledgeable about your concerns to meet you there.

As you've found out, most care giver use the chat room, not to discuss current problems, but to leave all that behind and discuss more fun topics.

Possibly you will receive the most support by calling the help line 1-800-272-3900 more often. At least until you begin to relax.

Another idea is to ask the help line, or your local chapter for the name of a local social worker that understands your particular issues.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Mimi S.

Hi FFWife. Sometime if you set a time when you will be there, it might work. Most ADers find that too many people responding at once is difficult to keep up with.

But set a time and be prepared to wait 20 minutes or so. Bring a book to read. I think a bell goes off if any one signs on.
Anonymous

I can be in the chat room anytime just let me know what works best for you
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Lisa 428

Hey FFWife,

I can't use the chat room anymore because I can't keep up.

There may be others that can. Perhaps post a day & time and ask anyone who has AD under 65 to join you.

And, as Mimi said, you can always call the AD Helpline @ 1-800-272-3900.

Good Luck.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: kevinbrown10

Hey FFwife, please tell me when will you be in the chat room next time, I had a problem to discuss.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: younghope1

FFwife, I would be happy to chat with you. How about 2pm?

Tracy
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Ttom

Hello FFwife, I can't participate in our chat room becuse I can't keep up and get confused and agitated with all the responses coming in at once. It is my understandinmg the the Alzheimer's Association is revising our message board/chat to become more "user friendly". There is no time line on that improvement and I don't even have a glimpse into what it might look like. But if it becomes similar to FB with more protection, I will start to use the chat.

Until then you can friend me on Facebook and we will do private chat. My name is Tom Miner.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: geegee

FFwife, let me know if you want to chat Sun morning 9 am Eastern Time.
Anonymous

I think that is 8:00am my time.I should be up and rolling by then. I will set up a reminder on my phone. Talk to you then
Anonymous
Originally posted by: geegee

That sounds R e a l l y good! yum.
That's motivation. good to hear. Went to see my therapist today. She added Wellbutrin SR to my Zoloft. That is supposed to do the trick. Big Grin

I miss reading good books. Enjoy them. I started having trouble remembering all the characters and keeping the plots and stories straight. Now that I have the AD meds I haven't gone back to give it another try. I loved reading Janet Evonovich fiction.
Anonymous

wellbutrin certainly made me feel better but caused migraines. I found wellbutrin increased my concentration and energy levels.....but I just couldnt handle the migraines. Good luck and keep us posted
Anonymous

thanks for talking to me today .....It helped. I just took a hot bath and am going to crawl into bed with a good book. Tomorrow is therapy day and I think I will use the tomatoes from my garden and make some salsa..keep busy.