RSS Feed Print
song lyrics
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 9:27 AM
Originally posted by: maebee

[quote]maybe they will touch someone else like they have me.[/quote]
Yes, they did, Elizabeth-mary. Did you know this song is about Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines' memories that were triggered when she walked through the house that her Alzheimer's stricken Grandmother lived in?
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 9:27 AM

Originally posted by: elizabeth-mary

i was listening to my dixie chicks cd today. i havent listened to it in a while. there is a song on there that seems to fit the way i feel perfectly. my grams is always talking about her house. how she and my gramps bought it 59 years ago. i am living with her so that she can stay in this house until she dies because i know how much it means to her. all while growing up she would tell me stories about this house. plans she had for the house. how she would never sell the house bc of all the memories it holds for her, and now for me as well. there are pictures of just about every relative of mine on her side of the family going back to my great grandparents, great aunts/uncles ect. every photo has a place on the wall. they have been there so long the paint under them is prestine.(i know this bc that is where she hides her money) Upstairs is a room that has two twin beds in it. She keeps her clothing in the closet in that room. She used to sit by the window in the living room and knit mittens for every family member in the fall and then they were christmas gifts every year. she made numerous blankets and quilts for all of us grandchildren and sweaters for our future children. so, i will post the lyrics and maybe they will touch someone else like they have me.

Silent House

These walls have eyes,
rows of photographs and faces like mine.
who do we become
without knowing where we started from?

It's true Im missing you
as I stand alone in your room

Every day that will pass you by
Every name that you wont recall
everything that you made by hand
everything that you know by heart

And I will try to connect all the pieces you left
I will carry it on and let you forget
And I'll remember the years when your mind was clear
How the laughter and life filled up this silent house