RSS Feed Print
My Mind Is Empty
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 10:34 AM
Originally posted by: younghope1

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bb girl:
Hi Trace~
That was me who 'googled' you the first time I joined the forum & read about your stories. Wink

That's why I figured it would help Gloria to find out more detail, since she too was filled with questions regarding your Early Onset & was new here.

Thanks Susanne for letting others know. Love Ya!!!
Internal Administrator

My mind is empty beyond words, so much to say yet nothing to say.
I listen to the voices that sound familiar, yet my mind is still empty.
I see familiar faces and feel the touch of a hand, yet my mind is still empty.
I see far off places that are forgotten, yet my mind is still empty.
I smell the forgotten scent of a rose, yet my mind is still empty.
I taste the forgotten flavor of tastes from long ago, yet my mind is still empty.
I touch forgotten things from long ago, yet my mind is still empty.
My mind is so empty beyond words, so much to say yet nothing to say.
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by T Hoops:
Tracey,
I hope you can feel my God'd Loving touch on you right now. You are one of his chosen angels on earth, you have helped so many people, including me!!! Thanks for being my friend!!!! Brian and i have had so many talks and tears together since reading your book...my mom and one of my sisters have talked now...and my mom is reading your book!!!!!!!!!.........
YOU have accomplished your goal of helping people, honey!!!!

you rest now!!!!!! let your family love you!!!!!!!! do what you need to do to take care of yourself!!!!!!!!

You are loved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tami!!!!
you and i will meet here on earth sometime (i wish....or if not, we will meet in our beautiful eternity!!!!!!!!!!!! and we can share our stories then..... and be so proud)

Thank you so much Tami as much as you and I share we should be sisters! Wink
Anonymous
Originally posted by: T Hoops

quote:
Originally posted by younghope1:
My mind is empty beyond words, so much to say yet nothing to say.
I listen to the voices that sound familiar, yet my mind is still empty.
I see familiar faces and feel the touch of a hand, yet my mind is still empty.
I see far off places that are forgotten, yet my mind is still empty.
I smell the forgotten scent of a rose, yet my mind is still empty.
I taste the forgotten flavor of tastes from long ago, yet my mind is still empty.
I touch forgotten things from long ago, yet my mind is still empty.
My mind is so empty beyond words, so much to say yet nothing to say.

Anonymous
Originally posted by: bb girl

quote:
Originally posted by Gloria55:
Tracy,

Why were you diagnosed so young? What made you suspect that you had early signs of Alzheimers? I'm sorry that I'm stepping on the wayside on this topic. Where can I read about you joining the forum? What page can I find you on "Who are you?"

Hi & Welcome to the forum. Smiler Glad that you joined!

I'm not Tracy, but sure you will hear from her soon. Don't know what page she is on "Who are you" topic, but you can certainly learn a lot about her even by googling her name: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Tracy+Mobley&btnG=Google+Search

She is the most amazing & encouraging person I have ever known who suffers with a disease that as we know... continues to progress with each day. Frowner

In lieu of it all, she has still written 2 books on the subject, as well as continued to be an activist for dementia/AZ - in addition to being a wife, mother & dear friend who is on the forum to educate us from the opposite side of the spectrum.

She has been a blessing to us all here & I'm glad that you will get to know her more personally too.

bb girl
Anonymous
Originally posted by: bb girl

Hi Trace~
That was me who 'googled' you the first time I joined the forum & read about your stories. Wink

That's why I figured it would help Gloria to find out more detail, since she too was filled with questions regarding your Early Onset & was new here.

I'm so glad to know you. Keep up the great work!
PS - Sorry I haven't emailed lately. Been a bit hectic here.

bb girl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Gloria,
I'm REALLY glad that you joined the forum & that you enjoy everyone's stories... good days or bad. Smiler

Take care!
bb girl
(originally joined-3/07)
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by Gloria55:
Tracy,

Why were you diagnosed so young? What made you suspect that you had early signs of Alzheimers? I'm sorry that I'm stepping on the wayside on this topic. Where can I read about you joining the forum? What page can I find you on "Who are you?"

Thanks to all of my many friends that have responded here, each of you are very special to me.

Gloria, I had no idea that you could google me and find so much information but as Barb said, that will pretty much give you my story.

To answer your question, "why was I diagnosed so young?" Well, only God can tell you that and maybe through all of these people here and reading my story you will find out. You can find my story Young Hope The Broken Road at www.amazon.com

Joyce as for the children's story I Remember When, it was a "limited" edition through a crappy publisher who I am no longer with. I am hoping to get it revised by next spring, just have to keep your fingers crossed. Getting a children's book with photos published is outrageously costly.
Anonymous

I am not always aware of my decline. I argue with my husband as he tells me I am forgetting more and more and need more assistance. I guess being in the early middle stages of the disease makes a difference rather than never really knowing. I hope that makes sense?
Anonymous

Thank you Joyce for your words of kindness but mostly for your friendship. Wink
Anonymous
Originally posted by: T Hoops

Tracey,
I hope you can feel my God'd Loving touch on you right now. You are one of his chosen angels on earth, you have helped so many people, including me!!! Thanks for being my friend!!!! Brian and i have had so many talks and tears together since reading your book...my mom and one of my sisters have talked now...and my mom is reading your book!!!!!!!!!.........
YOU have accomplished your goal of helping people, honey!!!!

you rest now!!!!!! let your family love you!!!!!!!! do what you need to do to take care of yourself!!!!!!!!

You are loved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tami!!!!
you and i will meet here on earth sometime (i wish....or if not, we will meet in our beautiful eternity!!!!!!!!!!!! and we can share our stories then..... and be so proud)
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Gloria55

thank you, bb girl! I joined the Caregiver's group about a month or so ago. I've really enjoyed everyone's own story. I've had my dad live with me for a little over a year. I don't know why I didn't visit earlier, but glad I did!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: ZOEY M

Thanks friend, well said....I say something sometimes 4 times and my Dear Mother still doesn't act like she heard me......I feel her emptiness and its frustrating.....thx for sharing this with us.....

ZOEY M Roll Eyes
Anonymous
Originally posted by: maebee

TTT
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Joyce43

Tracy,

I have only been here a short while and you have made the greatest impression on me and helped me the most. I want to thank you for all you've done for me and others.

I just now realized why I feel so close to you. You are the same age as my daughter and I can't imagine her going through what you're going through. I just want to put my arms around you and hold you and tell you that things will be alright, but we both know things will never be alright. If there was anything I could do to help you, I would.

I will forever be grateful for all you've done for me.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: therookie777

Tracy,
How are you aware of your own decline? My mother has been a little hostile lately when you remind her. Also she acts as if she doesn't have a problem remember , but I know that's not the case.

the rookie
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Joyce43

Tracy,

Is your book :"I Remember When" been published yet:;; If not when will it be out. I would really like to get it for our grandchildren.

What is the name of your other book>
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Gloria55

Tracy,