RSS Feed Print
To:Twiced Blessed
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:39 PM
Originally posted by: Twice Blessed

Absolutely, Rosie. I totally agree with you. I keep my husband and daughter as busy as possible. Sometimes it takes a bit of prodding, but I keep after them. Studies are very lacking in this area.

Our home has a very peaceful, calm atmosphere that I try always to maintain. I want the primary focus to be their well being, no upheavals of any kind to distract.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: KellyTJU

Hi Rosie have you looked into Occupational Therapy for your mother-in-law? An occupational therapist can give you ideas on how to break down activities, how to chose appropriate activities for your mother-in-law's cognitive level, and teach you ways to aide your mother-in-law to be as independent as possible.
Internal Administrator

Originally posted by: just exhibit love

Good morning...

I have felt my husbands mom was never diagnosed with EOAD because when she was in her early forties..little was said and less was known about alzheimers...and everyone just laughed with margie at all the memory issues she had...
as I kid you not...she would do some things none of us will ever forget...
As care-givers I feel we have a great influence on keeping them dancing as fast as they can for as long as they can..sort of speak..I sometimes feel I push....margie........to stay connected to life and feel she can accomplish tasks every day...
Do you feel like I do that you really make a difference in your loved ones life keeping him busy? and do you feel studies need to be done about this? for me...I know margie can learn routines and does them well when stimulated..she will be 82 next month..she has been blessed to have lived with alzhemeirs and is still doing well considering how hard it is for her sometimes...love Rosie
I would apprecaite your thoughts and feelings...take care...love Rosie