RSS Feed Print
Ann's MMSE Rose From 17 Last Year to 19 This Year
Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:58 PM
Originally posted by: john1943

quote:
Originally posted by jellybeans:
That's great. Have you noticed improvements yourself?

I'm just not sure, jellybeans. I'm going to pay more attention to this going forward. And, of course, I'm not going to change a thing regarding what supplements/meds she is taking.

John
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Felicia

Great News John - What exactly are you giving her for supplements?

Very happy for your success!

Felicia
Anonymous

Felicia, here's the list:

After Breakfast--12mg galantamine, 10mg namenda, 1000mcg Life Extension optimized folate, 1mg methylcobalamin, 600mg NAC, one baby aspirin, one Immodium AD.

After lunch--3g (1 1/2 tablets) Fiber Choice, 40g Axona

Mid-day(empty stomach)--300 mg alpha lipoic acid, one capsule Life Extension Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer

After dinner--12mg galantamine, 10mg namenda, one softgel Life Extension gamma E tocopherol/tocotrienols, 500mg vitamin C, 200 mg CoQ10, 2000 iu vitamin D, 1g magnesium, 2 softgels Cinnamon Force, 250mg Life Extension optimized resveratrol, one Immodium AD

At bedtime--10mg simvastatin, one baby aspirin, 3mg melatonin

We also usually have a glass of red wine with dinner for its resveratrol, quercetin...
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Iris L.

I eat a lot of Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice meals. The sodium level is not too high, based on the average daily value of sodium. For example, my Healthy Choice Roast Turkey Breast Dinner tonight has 460 mg sodium, which is 19% of the 2400 mg listed for the average person. The experts recommend no more than 100 mg sodium per 100 calories. The sodium is a little high for this meal, but most of my other food is very low in sodium.

This compares to 1000-2400 mg of sodium per meal for other brands of frozen entrees and frozen pizza. And we don't know how much sodium is in our favorite fast food burger and fries.

Iris L.
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by alwayshopeful:
how is lean cuisine on sodium and preservatives?

I think Lean Cuisine is good on both. It's a little hard to tell on preservatives, though. Some might be concealed in "natural-sounding" names.
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by jellybeans:
My personal philosophy is that anything (not invasive major surgery, but healthier eating and supplements) that can be done to improve general health should be done.

I agree 100%
Anonymous
Originally posted by: A.ALLEN

FYI-recently was told,that if I took Nothing else but a baby asp.to take "OMEGA 3 fish-oil"tabs,a must- atleast 1,000mg.daily! ALSO<watch some of the meals as WW.LQ.,HEATHLY CHOICE,,as the sodium count is outrageous! BE cautious!Once or twice a week advised-ALSO--Please be aware of anesthesia effects on our DLO's-Everyone involved(HOSP.personel) be aware of the outcome -- BEFORE any surgery's!Your loved one may never be the same,and MUCH worse after the surgery.BLESSINGS-
Internal Administrator

Very unexpected. Coincidence? Axona? Vitamin D?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: alwayshopeful

i use resveratrol and quercetin supplements

thank you for the info, and continued good work

the neuro was rather depressing to my father in his answer about decline in points (ie, my mother's future Frowner

do you not use fish oil?
Anonymous

We do eat a lot of Lean Cuisine, pasta, fruit, and salad, so to some degree we follow the Mediterranean diet. We should eat more fish, though.

I suspended fish oil because it added to diarrhea problems. Now that everything is under control in that regard, I might try using it again. (There was a study out that concluded fish oil does not benefit people who already have AD).
Anonymous

thanks for the info! how is lean cuisine on sodium and preservatives?

yes, the neuro told me the other day that fish oil doesn't help - but i just don't believe it

it helps so much with inflammation, i can't believe there isn't some help
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Iris L.

This is great news. Are you following the Mediterranean diet?

Iris L.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: jellybeans

My take on fish oil is that it does help with other things and the body works as a whole. When a person with AD is in pain, has a UTI, etc, the AD gets worse. My personal philosophy is that anything (not invasive major surgery, but healthier eating and supplements) that can be done to improve general health should be done.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: jellybeans

That's great. Have you noticed improvements yourself?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: SnowyLynne

If you sre having surgery & on fish oil you need to stop the fish oil 7 to 10 days before surgery........
Anonymous

yes and my mother has amazing hdl cholesterol because of fish oil - her 'bad' cholesterol needs the high hdl that fish oil helps her with

oh yes, the natural sounding preservatives Smiler i know the frozen dinners are much better these days