RSS Feed Print
Hello!
Jannab
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2022 12:53 PM

I am new to the group, but not to Alzheimer's. My maternal grandmother and all of her siblings, both male and female passed away due to Alzheimer's. My grandmother was diagnosed in her early 60's. (I am presently 60 years old.) My mother lived in constant fear of her own diagnosis and hid her early symptoms for years, (more years than I even suspect) but is now in the mid-section of the disease and living in a Memory Care Residence. She is 87. I am in the unique position of having no symptoms of Alzheimer's and am monitored by MRI's every 5 years due to a diagnosis of MS 20 years ago. I also have no MS symptoms and have had none since my official diagnosis in 2002. I am in very good health both mentally and physically. My last MRI was this past September and in discussing my concerns about Alzheimer's with my Neurologist, she assures me there are no indicative changes in my total brain or hippocampus sizes. I would very much like to find a study in which to participate. In reading the studies on this site, I see that researchers are branching out to study people like me who have no symptoms or diagnosis - yet. Can anyone direct me to contact the appropriate doctors or researchers for a study like this?     Janna
Lane Simonian
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2022 9:50 AM

Welcome here, Janna.  I was sorry to hear that several members of your family had Alzheimer's disease, but glad that you are symptom free (and also for multiple sclerosis).  

The best website for looking up trial information is clinicaltrails.gov.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/

I am not sure if  typing in Alzheimer's prevention will pull up the kinds of trials that you are looking for but that might be one place to start.