RSS Feed Print
All things are possible.
Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:00 AM

The most astounding thing I’ve ever experienced. Is me. I’m persuaded about that. Beyond a doubt. The fact. That I’m here. On Planet Earth. Alive and conscious. Along with billions of other beings. It’s fantastic. Almost unbelievable.  I keep asking myself. How can this be? I never dreamt it could happen. Until it happened. Started becoming aware of my existence. Some 80 years ago. Maybe all I’m catching. Is a brief glimpse of precious life. Maybe. When my time is up. I will become nothing once again. With no memory. Of having ever existed. Gone. Gone. Gone for good. Never to return.  Of course, as many of you know, I’d like to stick around.  Therefore, I imagine an afterlife. As a body-less, but fully conscious and functional spirit. Seems that’s as likely. As the astounding fact. That I even showed up in the first place.  It can’t be any more preposterous. Than me speculating. That all things are possible. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 7:02 AM

How many of us could adjust? To living in a spiritual form. Physical and spiritual aren't the same, you know. --Jim
ruthmendez
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:00 PM

Jim Broede wrote:
How many of us could adjust? To living in a spiritual form. Physical and spiritual aren't the same, you know. --Jim
It's actually a good question.  Chances are, that when we part from the body, the spirit has no self control of direction.  Especially if the body is dead, and the spirit has no way to return to a safe and familiar place.  
It could be, that some spirits lose control; it could feel like dark, scary and just on the go....Until the spirit learns to adjust to its new existence...???....if it ever does.

Let me just ramble on here!

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:13 PM

ruthmendez wrote:
Jim Broede wrote:

It's actually a good question.  Chances are, that when we part from the body, the spirit has no self control of direction.  Especially if the body is dead, and the spirit has no way to return to a safe and familiar place.  
It could be, that some spirits lose control; it could feel like dark, scary and just on the go....Until the spirit learns to adjust to its new existence...???....if it ever does.

Let me just ramble on here!

Let’s assume. That a spirit can talk without a mouth. Hear without ears.  See without eyes. Move about without feet and legs. And think without a brain. A spirit also can hitch a ride on a light beam. Traveling at 186,000 miles per second. Meanwhile, it's time to use your noggin and your imagination, Ruth. To figure out all this stuff. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:30 PM

Traveling at 186,000 miles a second. It would take less than two seconds. To reach the moon. Yes. Light beam travel has its advantages. Some physicists theorize that it may be possible to travel faster than the speed of light. In a time warp. Could be. That some advanced civilizations have already achieved such a breakthrough. In a spiritual domain. All things are possible. Life has no limits. A true god can do it now. Maybe even an untrue god can do it. --jim
ruthmendez
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:52 PM

Jim Broede wrote:
Traveling at 186,000 miles a second. It would take less than two seconds. To reach the moon. Yes. Light beam travel has its advantages. Some physicists theorize that it may be possible to travel faster than the speed of light. In a time warp. Could be. That some advanced civilizations have already achieved such a breakthrough. In a spiritual domain. All things are possible. Life has no limits. A true god can do it now. Maybe even an untrue god can do it. --jim
Yes, I've wondered about the speed in which a spirit can travel. I like this.  If a spirit can exist, most likely it can travel similar to a light beam.  Bilocation can occur this way.  Maybe even more than two.
Interesting topic.

chrisp1653
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 3:10 AM

If you are light, 186,000 mi / sec isn't so bad, but if you have more mass than a beam of light, the landing has gotta be a bugger.
ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 4:46 AM

oo ouch. And there would be no time to say "ouch".
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 10:17 AM

chrisp1653 wrote:
If you are light, 186,000 mi / sec isn't so bad, but if you have more mass than a beam of light, the landing has gotta be a bugger.

As a spirit, let's assume one would have no physical mass. Making it possible to hitch a ride on a beam of light. To wherever the gods reside. --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 10:23 AM

Man has battled with immortality since the beginning of time.
chrisp1653
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 12:51 PM

Seems to me that man has battled everything and everyone, including himself, since the beginning of time.
ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 2:16 PM

troubled beasts
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 3:40 PM

ruthmendez wrote:
troubled beasts

I take time out daily. To not be troubled. And not be beastly.  Yes. It can be achieved. But it takes practice, practice and more practice. I recommend giving it a try. --Jim 

ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 4:13 PM

nah....beasts have more fun.