RSS Feed Print
The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey with Samuel L. Jackson
GothicGremlin
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2022 4:36 PM

Good article about Samuel L. Jackson and his new movie (based on the book "The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey), where he plays an elderly man with dementia. Since he's good in everything he does, I'm sure he'll be fantastic in this. I appreciated his discussion of his family members who have had dementia.

The movie itself sounds good, as does the novel. It tackles "race, family tragedy and buried memories",  as well as imagining if you could have your LO with dementia back for a couple of weeks, a month, and what that would be worth to you. For the writer, Walter Mosley, it would be worth "everything".

Here's the article if you want to read it --

Samuel L. Jackson leads a ‘dark fairytale’ about a man with dementia in ‘Ptolemy Grey’

The new miniseries, based on Walter Mosley's acclaimed novel, tells the story of a man with dementia who confronts his past and solves the mysterious death of his great-nephew.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/samuel-l-jackson-leads-dark-fairytale-man-dementia-ptolemy-grey-rcna19568

abc123
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2022 2:19 AM

I adore Samuel L. Jackson! To the moon and back. Thank you for posting this.

I hope you and your sister are doing as well as possible.

GothicGremlin
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2022 11:50 PM

Thanks for asking, abc.  Peggy's doing okay. She's on the gentle slide down right now, nothing dramatic.

I've been reading about what's been happening with your mom.  It's rough, I'm so sorry.  I think you're doing all the right things though.