RSS Feed Print
Poem based on my mantra
VKB
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:48 PM

A poem from my caregiver book:

The Great Composer 

Our Great Composer raises his baton 

We in the orchestra pit hold our breath and wait. 

None of us know how fast or how slow the notes will go. 

It is He who understands the music. 

It is He who leads us through each measure. 

Because I am a Christian and believe in a loving God, it was easy while care giving my parents to have the mantra:  God is orchestrating everything.  It gave me such wonderful comfort and peace.

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 5:00 AM

I’m not so sure that the creator is in control, Veronica. Or even wants to be in control.  Creation is the creator’s grand experiment. Maybe the creator doesn’t know how everything will turn out. We are allowed to be our own creators. Endowed with free will. Independent rather than dependent. Go to it, the creator tells us.  That even he doesn’t know where we are going. Created in the creator’s own image. A scary and joyfully divine thought. All at the same time. We have the potential to live meaningful lives. It’s up to us to choose our own paths. Our own meanings. To become, for instance,  romantic idealists, spiritual free-thinkers (and not necessarily Christians), political liberals, lovers, dreamers, poets. With the help of my imagination, of course. In that sense, I am creating myself. And not leaving it to the creator. Yes, one of life’s most profound blessings. Perhaps the creator is telling us. There is no right or wrong way. Even the creator doesn’t necessarily know right from wrong. Preferring to let everything be. In a natural flowing order. --Jim

quits
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 11:39 AM

Veronica,

I love that illustration of how God works through us.

Each of us are playing our own part and only hear that, sometimes we hear those working directly with us but HE hears the whole orchestra together.

I am so encouraged to look back and see how God was working, preparing me for today.  

VKB
Posted: Sunday, May 4, 2014 4:20 PM

Quits,

Thanks.  Just saw your message today.  Yes, it is amazing how God goes before us, walks with us, and comes behind us.  He is all knowing and all powerful.  It is so wonderful when we finally see and understand the why of something that He knew about all along.  It is awesome to be a part of His plans.

Peace, Veronica

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 6:01 AM

I have to remind myself. Virtually every day. That I can’t control the world, Veronica.. That things happen. Doesn’t matter whether or not I’m on the face of Earth. Doesn’t matter, too, whether or not there’s a god. Because if there is, god would still choose not to intervene. To merely let matters evolve. Naturally. Without intervention. Yes, god practices acceptance. That sends me a message. We humans had better learn to be on our own. And not bank/rely on help from the creator. Oh, it’s all right to wish for help. If that helps. Psychologically. For instance, I like to play mental games. With a big assist from my imagination. I can assume the existence of an intervening god. In a sense, I can create god. And truly believe in something that doesn’t exist. That gets me by. I can even believe that a make-believe god wants me to be spiritual. And to practice acceptance. And to savor life. No matter what.  The longer I live, the more I realize. That life is a day to day proposition. In fact, moment to moment.  One learns to make the best of it. Without regrets. –Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:00 AM

Consider this possibility, Veronica. Some religious people make a big mistake. In assuming that one must believe in the creator/god. Or in god’s alleged son. In order to be ‘saved.’ The blessing. To love and to be loved. It’s extended to everyone. Atheists. Agnostics. Believers. Doesn’t matter.  Everyone is free to choose his/her own route.  From an infinitesimal number of paths. To so-called salvation. To an afterlife. In paradise. There is no hell. Because eventually, pure love permeates everything. That’s the nature of life. Of existence. Everyone. Allowed to evolve. In his/her own way. That’s the way a loving creator would want it. By design.  We are given forever. Maybe through reincarnation. To get it right. Which means, we live in a perfectly created world. In the end, everyone is saved. Yes, the creator got it right. Everything ultimately leads to the same destination. The realm of pure love. –Jim
Iris L.
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 9:07 PM

Veronica, I know God is speaking to me through the members of this message board.  I had an almost instantateous response to a problem I was having yesterday, Mother's Day.  God works in mysterious ways.  One way is through other people. 

The members here are a blessing to me.

Iris L.

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 1:38 PM

Veronica and LaQuita, I am so glad you and the other members who follow Christ are here to support us.  There is not much spiritual support for us patients.  I eagerly follow your posts and guidance.  Thank you for being here.

Iris L.

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:11 PM

I have great respect for the Christian way. The Muslim way, too. And the Buddhist way, the Jewish way, the Hindu way, the agnostic way, the atheist way. So very many, many ways. To find one’s highly personal truth.  We probably all share the same creator – the one that wants us all to live in peace and harmony.  Truly loving life and each other. --Jim

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 9:27 PM

I am grateful for the peace we have.  I am reminded that our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against spiritual forces that try to bring us down. 

I pray in the Spirit for peace.

Iris L.

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:02 AM

I converse. Rather than pray. Give me true dialogue. Two-way communication. A real conversation. --Jim.
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:12 AM

When people espouse their religious views. I listen. With interest. And then I tell them I’m not religious. Spiritual, instead. Which allows me to steer clear of stifling organized religions.  I’d rather set my own rules and parameters. In the spiritual realm. My goal: To be a free spirit. –Jim
Lane Simonian
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:45 PM

This conversation reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from the pagan Roman senator Symmachus in the late fourth century: "We watch the same stars; heaven is the same for all; the same universe envelopes us: What importance is it in what way anyone looks for the truth?  It is impossible to arrive by one route at such a great secret."
DrabickWritesIt
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:57 AM

I read your poem for the poem. And it is a lovely piece of heart and writing. Thank you for sharing.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:13 AM

One nice thing about poetry. A single poem can mean different  things to different people. Multiple interpretations.  That’s what I like most about poetry. One can insert one’s self into the poem.  Thereby, making it more meaningful.  I like poetry that spurs thought. Spurs one’s imagination.  Maybe beyond what the poet intended. That’s good. Not bad. --Jim