RSS Feed Print
Happy being me
Andrew60
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 11:17 AM

I read on this forum everyday, and there are all sorts of interesting perspectives of how life should or could be. Me, Im a recovering political junky, former atheist, former class clown, physical fitness addict, and one who mostly enjoys life, having as much fun as possible.

Our little 5 year old granddaughter has been living with us for the past 3 weeks, and her mom will be here in another 6 weeks. I love to hear the innocense in her voice, and actions, and will fight as much as I can to see she is in no rush to learn otherwise. Spending my day with her can be challenging, but we go to the park everyday, and many other places. She keeps me cognitively engaged. I’m 61 years old, but thanks to my life long enjoyment of fitness, I can easily out run her, and my stamina for the entire day is only a little below hers (thanks to naps and her now being in Kindergarten). I can recover while she is in school 7 hours a day.

I really cant offer much advice, just simply have fun when you can, be serious when you must, and be cautious in who you trust, and learn a new skill such as artwork, musical instruments, or even learn a new language.

Maybe I should’ve titled this thread “ramblings from a whackadoodle” since I rarely take myself seriously.

just exhibit Love
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 11:34 AM

Andrew

I so  enjoyed reading your post.. you brought back some old memories of time with my children..you made me smile..you are blessed to have your granddaughter close at this time..she can Learn much about Life from you..cherish her and keep her safe..I loved what you said about be cautious of who you can trust..so important in today's world. My children took karate at ages 5 and 10 and I took it with them..it was the best thing I ever did for them..it taught them discipline, boundaries, and Limitations..and made them such special human beings..very strong no nonsense people with much self peace and did not ever follow the crowd.just my thoughts my friend..enjoy this time you have been given.

Namaste

Love Rosie

dutiful deb
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 7:51 PM

Andrew--I seldom post anywhere on the boards, and when I do, it's mostly in the section for caregivers who have lost loved ones.  Your posts are always uplifting and full of good advice.  This one brought tears to my eyes because it hit home for me.  

I just wanted you to know you're appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew60
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 8:10 PM

Thanks for the positive comments Rosie and Deb.

I dont know exactly what my cognitive future will be, and many advise to get your “bucket” list accomplished while you still can. We were looking at getting an RV and travel some more, but life changes. My daughter is going through a rough patch in NC  as a single mom, so I told my wife vice doing more travelling, my bucket list is spending time with family, and especially building memories for my little Milly. She will be gaining lots of fun time memories with poppa, while at the same time, I might be losing them. But, its a tradeoff I will gladly make. 

Ahhh, the things we will do for our kids, and grandkids. Im 61, and picking her up daily from Kindergarten. I might be a little tired, but seeing her face light up when I pick her up, and then head for her favorite park, priceless.

chrisp1653
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 11:22 PM

I'd like to add my voice here. I also appreciate your posts and comments, Andy. Same goes for you, Deb. Dittos for Rosie.

Blessings to you all

just exhibit Love
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 8:48 AM

Andrew

With respect and because I care about you.. there is a book I want you to read calle Genius Foods by Max Lugavere. oh and I found it.. on ebay cheap..just a thought..

This young man that wrote this book touched my heart when I saw him on Dr. Oz.

and yes my friend..family is everything..I believe this also.

Namaste

Love Rosie

Andrew60
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 10:54 AM

just exhibit Love wrote:

Andrew

With respect and because I care about you.. there is a book I want you to read calle Genius Foods by Max Lugavere. oh and I found it.. on ebay cheap..just a thought..

This young man that wrote this book touched my heart when I saw him on Dr. Oz.

and yes my friend..family is everything..I believe this also.

Namaste

Love Rosie

Thanks for info on the book. However, Im not a big fan of a long term low carb diet. I spend a couple hours each day in heavy cardio and lifting weights, and I need my carbs, but I do try and keep them at healthy levels.

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:01 AM

I assume. One needs confidence. To be one's true self. That is, unless one's true self is to be a worry wart. --Jim
ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:23 PM

Jim Broede wrote:
I assume. One needs confidence. To be one's true self. That is, unless one's true self is to be a worry wart. --Jim
Did you edit this?  I'm certain "worry wart" wasn't here before.   Aye yai yai, Jim.

chrisp1653
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:52 PM

I let my dermatologist worry about the warts. Pimples, on the other hand...