RSS Feed Print
please delete my account
Andrew60
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2018 2:04 PM

For my own protection, and my lack of willpower not to make misguided posts, mods please close and delete my account.

Im still (I think) in the MCI stage, and if diagnossed in the future with a type of dementia, I will return. I learned a ton from all of you.

All of you will be in my prayers as you walk in your journey as a caregiver or PWD.

just exhibit Love
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2018 2:17 PM

Andrew

If you feel that is best do what your instincts tell you..but I for one enjoy your posts and feel we are all here for each other..and we should be able to share and talk about anything..and be respectful to each other..and yes from x to x..the moderators feel the need to delete a post or shut down a thread...and that is ok too..as we are all just sharing our thoughts and feelings at that time..

But this I know for sure my friend..your posts are just fine any way you want to share and say anything..and most feel the same way I do..here on this forum.

May you choose not to be so hard on yourself..trust me none of us are perfect and we all have our moments of lack of willpower and make misguided posts.

Take care Andrew and know I do not want you to leave..we need you and your thoughts...you care about others and want peace and only the best for each of us..and we know that....we all do  our best to be good..but as I said before we all have our moments...and its ok..

Respectfully

Love Rosie

MissHer
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2018 2:24 PM

I agree with Rosie.
ruthmendez
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:50 PM

I suggest a small break, and come back.  Many of us have posted something that got deleted or re-posted.

I didn't see anything wrong with your other post, but I guess the timing is too hot for any discussion about parties at this time.  We don't know who the culprit(s) is/are and it's a dangerous situation now.  It can be anyone who might be against everything in general.

Hope to continue seeing you here.

chrisp1653
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:13 PM

Every poster above has articulated their feeling much better than I ever could, so I will just say I agree with all, and add that you already know how often you have to be your own best advocate, so do what you have to do, brother, and God bless.
His Daughter
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:29 PM

OH NO!!!  Andrew please stick around.  I certainly enjoy your posts.  This forum can be great help to everyone, differing opinions are always welcome.   Hey if nothing else, maybe all this thinking and writing will help your mind stay strong.  It's something to think about.
jfkoc
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2018 10:03 AM

Politics and religious conversations always result in the same...posts being deleted, threads locked or removed and usually a member pulling away. Sometimes with notice...sometimes just MIA. This time it is Andrew who everyone will miss.

We all know this. One person even pointed out that there is no monitoring over the weekends so posts would be "safe" for a couple of days.

I know that I have thrown my 2 cents in when it would have been better not to. I have reacted to posts knowing that my opinion would likely not be positively received and further that it would lead to a picture of me that is not accurate. I know I have drawn assumptions of others here that may not be accurate. I have had some real negativity thrown my way as have others based on assumptions. This is likely true for other here.

It occurs to me that it might be a good thing to know each other better so here goes.

I am 77 years old, a life long registered Republican as well as a cradle Christian belonging to the Episcopal Church. I am an interior designer by trade, was married to an attorney, have 6 children, 13 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. My free time was spent advocating in the area of foster care and adoption in my state and nationally. 

I became ill after my husband died so things have slowed down for me. I continue my art by being a docent at our museum and painting.

My husband died three years ago. I stay connected here to pass on the information given to me. 

Anyone else?

ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2018 11:35 AM

Hi! My name is Ruth.  Mid-aged, one cat, work full time (or trying)....raised Catholic, but not good at it. 

Recently a Democrat and decided my best fit is the Green Party, for now, until I change my mind again.  I figure voting for a tree to run the country is more safe  :o)

Anyway, next!

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 7:32 AM

Andrew60 wrote:

For my own protection, and my lack of willpower not to make misguided posts, mods please close and delete my account.

Im still (I think) in the MCI stage, and if diagnossed in the future with a type of dementia, I will return. I learned a ton from all of you.

All of you will be in my prayers as you walk in your journey as a caregiver or PWD.

I sense, Andy, that you are a pretty decent guy. In large part. Because you believe in Jesus. And in the New Testament. Ultimately, too, in yourself.  Realizing you ain’t perfect. Nobody is.  At times, you are too hard on yourself. In your quest to get everything right. That won’t happen. Everyone falls short of perfection. But that doesn’t matter. Jesus’ message, it seems to me, is to keep trying. Again and again and again. Each day is a fresh day. Breathe in. Feel the freshness. In the company of Jesus. When you do that, doesn’t it feel, oh so good? Jesus recognizes that everyone is different.  You go up one avenue. I go up another. Doesn’t make a difference. Because you and I meet along the way. To compare notes. A sign. That we care. About each other.  That, above all else, is what Jesus would have us do. --Jim

His Daughter
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 5:23 PM

Ok, Im in jfloc!

I'll be 62 in December.  My mother, bless her heart, raised me in a Christian church, but it didn't take.  Even as a young children I remember questioning the teachings.  I sometimes refer to myself as an atheist.  Yet I certainly have a strong belief in the good ole 10 commandments.  There are many things with religion to be admired.  

I got my degree in elementary education, with a specialization in early childhood, in 3 years. I taught 2nd grade until my three children were born.  Never finished the masters degree I started, simply because I didn't want to.  I was too busy with my family, and didn't think I'd be back in a classroom.  However I did teach natural birth classes for decades, and have attended 100s of birth as a labor assistant.  

I was married for 25 years, then my husband divorced me.  At that time, I had a daughter starting college and 2 teenage sons still at home.  I started and ran my own cleaning business for the next decade, which I sold to care for my father.  I was remarried in 2011, just one year before I took over full time care of Dad.  I have three children, 4 grandkids (and will be counting again sometime soon)  My youngest son is getting married next Friday.  

I've always loved a good political debate, for which I credit my father.  When I was young, Dad would pick the newest political topic and get it going at dinner.  Sometimes, he'd actually take a stand, that I knew he didn't believe.  When I'd look at him and say, "You don't believe that." he'd smile.  But he was encouraging debate, and to see if you could take a position and defend your stance.  I really miss our political discussions.  I guess I always will.  

For many years I was registered as in Independent.  Now I am a registered Republican.  

My father died Dec 2015, so I'm coming up on three years.  I also stick around, because I feel it's important to give back, when these boards helped me more than than anyone can possible know.  It really helps when others who have been there and done that, are available with ideas and suggestions.  Somedays, I find it very depressing to see all the new names.  I wish no one ever had to go through this disease.  I want death with dignity in every state, and a way to include dementia patients in that choice.  

dutiful deb
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2018 4:06 PM

Andrew, 

I appreciate your posts. Much of what you write reminds me so much of my own husband, and your posts help me understand and help him in a better way.  It's very hard for me to talk about his situation in the more open way I did when I was caring for my mom, but maybe at some point I will be able to reach out more. Having people like you who I know understand is such an encouragement, and I want you to know how much I appreciate your writings. God bless you! 

just exhibit Love
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 7:18 AM

jfkoc and His Daughter..and everyone

I love it when we share our personal history....I have done this several times so won't repeat myself..but I feel it is so good because it makes us realize we are all different ...yet the same..being here together for each other and very thankful this forum was here when we each need..or needed it..and can help by sharing our own experience with Alzheimers or as a caregiver sharing that experience.and it is also good we can talk about anything and just share our thoughts and feelings without becoming offended..

Have a good week everyone..

Namaste

Love Rosie

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 10:02 AM

Rosie....how about another share for new people
jfkoc
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 1:22 PM

Thanks Rosie...I don't know that I ever saw your profile before.

Trail ride?

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 3:50 PM

Rosie...have you ever followed Lorita's thread? There was a woman from Montana who posted for a long time who had mules that she did some serious trail riding with. She would go out for days and camp. Leeanne?

Anyway she was the first person to explain to me how bright mules were. Oh, wait. Don't they use mules at the Grand Canyon?