RSS Feed Print
Addendum To The Next Phase
chrisp1653
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2022 11:36 AM

Well, it's now been 1 year, 2 months, and 20 days ( sort of , ) since my Barbara left the bonds of dementia, Parkinson's, arthritis, back pain, poor fitting teeth, and God knows what else, to stay in the great beyond.

Life here is different now, but not as empty as I had imagined it was going to be. I get out now and then and meet people. I take walks just for the enjoyment of seeing the world. I take my time when doing the grocery shopping.

Don't get me wrong now. I still am not used to having the whole bed to myself. I still have trouble cooking for just me. I sit in Barbara's chair now instead of my own, and I still think of it as hers. I am still not used to having the entire closet belong to just my clothes.

As I sit here typing, the thought that comes to me is that my Barbara was really a special person, who loved me, not just as the person I was, but as the person I could be. That person is still a work in progress, but her part in that progress is just as ongoing as it was when she was alive in the flesh.

Life goes on, and I will not tarnish the love she had for me by moping around. In spite of everything that goes on, past or present, I say " Joy to the world ! "

Ok. Got that off my chest. Now what's next ?

Additional note : I have just discovered that quote marks are not allowed in a subject title. Ain't that somethin' ?

ladyzetta
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2022 8:41 PM

chrisp.     That was beautiful, Thank You for sharing. It sounds like you are allowing yourself to enjoy your new life as much as you can. Barbara is with you, and she always will be.   I remember telling you that 1 year and 2 months ago.  Hugs Zetta