RSS Feed Print
Question
VikiT96
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 12:35 PM

I feel bad about being here. I feel like I am gossiping about a LO but really I am just venting. She screams constantly and everything anyone does gets her angry. I don't know what type of dementia she has, or what stage. She is my grandmother and also our landlord, and is threatening to kick us out. I have bipolar and she makes me worse. Does anyone have any advice.
SusanB-dil
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 3:40 PM

Hi VikiT - so sorry for your situation.  You will get some great advice, but do post your question on the 'Caregivers' section.   The 'Musings' forum doesn't get as much traffic.

Does someone have POA for your grandmother?  

Don't feel like you are gossiping - but rather, needing some real support and advice.

RitaRae
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2022 8:44 AM

My husband has advanced Alz.  Does anyone feel like you are overwhelmed and can't feel any joy in life.  This feeling hit me when I celebrated my 80th birthday and all of my children and grandchildren (living in other states) left.  The feeling of being alone really hit me and I'm trying to deal with these feelings as best I can.  Please reply

Jennifer Lee
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2022 12:07 PM

Oh dear, your feelings are quite appropriate and of course you feel lonely and depressed!!! I feel this way too, often, even though my 77 year old mother is still with me here  it’s ok to feel lonely and sad  talk it out with friends and your doctor  please, though, if you become unable to eat, or have trouble caring for yourself in other ways, or have thoughts of dying, talk to someone about going to see a doctor  depression can easily get out of control in these circumstances, but you must give the world the joy of your presence!!