RSS Feed Print
WELCOME TO ALL WHO MUST JOIN US
VKB
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 11:24 AM

Please know that those of us who come here understand your feelings.  Feelings are feelings, not good, not bad, but we all have intense ones when someone we love passes on.

I'm sending hugs and warm thoughts to all who come here.

God's Peace, Veronica       

Cara
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:10 PM

Thanks for your post and understanding that everyone is here for the same reason.  As I read some of these experiences they are all so sad.  Alzheimer's is one of the most horrible diseases I've known.  I've seen the worst suffering and sadness but Alzheimer's SCARES ME the MOST.  I've told my good friends, if I ever get Alzheimer's just put the sedatives and pain medication right next to me, put the glass of water in my hand and hopefully I'll know what to do from there.  I too send peace, hugs and prayers for all who come here. Cara
dayn2nite
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:04 PM

I agree Cara, and I think the grieving for anyone with this disease is SO different from other diseases.  The grief starts years before death and builds, and then there is an oddness about after death--a mixture of relief, peace, sadness, anger, I don't even know how to describe it but I can feel all of those things in 1 day.
SadinHeart
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 5:51 AM

Thank you Veronica.

This forum is very helpful. I dont talk to anyone about my feelings. I prefer to come here and talk about it because other people dont understand. It's easy to tell someone that they need to move on, but how. You need time to go through the grieving process and not everyone can go through it the same at the same pace.

In six more days it will be one year that my dad passed away. Tomorrow will be two months that mom passed away. I hope it will come a day when I stop counting and just remember the good days and forget their last days.

Cara
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 6:01 PM

Thanks for writing,

The other sad part about Alzheimer's is that most other diseases the person with the disease has a voice.  They can say what treatment they want or do not want.  If they are not seriously ill they can unite with others.  With Alzheimer's the only voices are the family members and those that have lived with it.  So in some way, there is half the number of people speaking out.  People also think it's an elderly disease but it's not.  G_D, I hope they find a cure and fast!  Cara

daddysgirl_13
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:26 AM

I totally agree as well, this disease has a totally different grieving process, than any other diesease.  Not a lot understand that, unless they are going through it.  For me it started that very first day, in the neurologist office, as the doctor was testing my father's memory.  I knew what the doctor was testing for and knew the answers that my dad was providing, was not a god sign. I knew walking out of that office, I was losing my Dad, starting that day, it was the beginning of the end, and my dad really didn't comprehend.  At that time, dad, wasn't even that bad, but he still didn't understand all that was said.  My mom understood for the most part but not really.  Tried for her to get counseling from day one but she refused, it surely would of helped, especially as the disease progressed to the advanced stages.  Dad is gone, I lost him two days before my birthday, somehow it would of felt so much better had my dad passed on my birthday, in a strange way, but it's been 3 months and one day and still as hard as when i received the call my father passed.  I love him so very much, and this is the most difficult thing to experience. I love you Daddy <3