RSS Feed Print
With EOAD best to stay home or go out to watch SuperBowl
SteveSanJose
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 12:46 PM

Are usually goes somewhere,  to watch the Super Bowl, but this year I feel safer, and more comfortable to watch it at home. Any other of you feel less safe traveling, and in large crowds, after you got EOAD ? This is what I'll be doing at home douring the game ( and go Giants ).

Eating Pizza  Chugger     Chips     Sharing Popcorn   LOL Smiley

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 11:40 PM

You look like you'll be having a GREAT TIME Steve!

Iris L.

Willow
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 6:03 AM

I love all your smiley face expressions, Steve! You're very creative and make me smile whenever I read your posts. I think staying in isn't such a bad idea with it being a night time game. At least your safe and don't have to drive home from anywhere in the dark.

Hope you enjoy the game! My husband will be rooting for the Giants too!  

Michelle 50
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 7:54 AM

I'm glad you mentioned this because I too have decided to stay home and watch the game. This is very unusual for us as we have gone to superbowl parties for the past ten years. This year I decided  I just would feel more comfortable and therefore enjoy it more in my own living room. Fortunately my husband is fine with that!

PatriotsGO PATS!!!!   

SteveSanJose
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 12:10 PM

When I was working I had a six figure income. That money is all gone now when I retired, and became disabled. I've been to 20 super Bowls in person, I think. Our family growing up were Oakland Raiders season ticket holder's. My family is all deceased, but I have a season ticket, just for myself. If the Raiders were in the playoffs I would have it gets up to this Super Bowl. If your team is in the playoffs you would have to buy tickets up to the Super Bowl. If your team goes out of the playoffs you had the options of turning your tickets back in for refund, to bring them in using them for a different team, or keeping them and reselling them. I always kept them. I don't have the money anymore to go to even a playoff game in person. Season tickets cost enough. Having more trouble going out to an area that I know is going to be crowded. I no longer drive a car, I would've had to ride with a friend or take public transit, to a Super Bowl party. Hope this post was not too long.

&lt:-P party

John891
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 4:35 PM
Steve, I wish I had the excitement you have for sports.  I have been to the bay area many times because I have family that lives there.  I have never been to a Raiders game myself.  Hey enjoy yourself tomorrow.  One place to avoid for sure are supermarkets where everyone is buying chips, chicken wings, sodas, beer, etc  hahaha
SteveSanJose
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 9:42 PM

All my Soda, Ice Tea, Wings, Chips, Dip, etc.; was baught a week ago, to avoid the rush. 5 neighbors are coming to my Super Bowl party. I made food for 10. I am having, the above, plus cold cracked Crab Legs, Osters, and Pizza. The Crab and Osters, a friend, who might also drop by ( not a neighbor ) gave me when visiting near by San Francisco. I saved them. My caregiver cooked them for me tonight. She cokks, I don't, any more.

How You Doin'?

Myriam
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 10:51 PM

Sounds like great fun! Party!!!