RSS Feed Print
Another Angel In Heaven
younghope1
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 8:11 AM

Many of us as myself grew up listening to the likes of Whitney Houston,now being referred to as the Queen of Pop. Sadly, yesterday late afternoon her journey on this earth ended. Whitney was only 48 years old, just 6 months older than me. When I saw the news on CNN, I like the world was in shock of such a young life being taken. Not because she was an icon, a superstar, but in fact a human being just like us. I think when it comes down to it, the story will be told that it was the drugs that had taken control of her life that she was trying so hard to fight, just as we lost the Queen of Country Music, Tammy Wynette in 2008 at only 55 years old.

You see, their life really isn't much different than those of us with dementia. They don't have much independence as they have other people controlling their lives for them. Telling where they are going to be performing, how much thye are performing, when its time to eat, when its time to get up, what they are going to wear, they didn't even get to drive as they have someone to drive them everywhere. As Ihave thought about her death since last night, I wonder how relived she must feel now. No more pressures, no more reporters nosing into her life, no more drugs or alcohol, no more appointments to keep. But now is her time. Her time to rejoice without a schedule, her time to really know who she is. Her time time to be with our heavenly father and finding that sense of rest and peace that she so badly needed.

I guess what i am trying to say is being a star is really not much different than having dementia. They take pills to stay awake, pills to sleep, pills to feel good and perform, they have a routine that is made out for them to follow, they are lead around and shielded from others to keep them from harm. If I had the right to choose which of those life styles that i wanted, I would choose neither as we know that not even all the money in the world can make you happy. Though I didn't have a choice of the dementia, I see my life alot like Whitney's, just not all the money or fame. May she rest in peace! 

Tracy

Camp Building Bridges

Darlene Gail
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:26 PM

I never though of it that way but you are right, so sad
Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:45 PM

Thank you for these poignant words, Tracy.  I, too, mourn Whitney.  Some of my mother's friends knew her mother, Cissy Houston, because they were in the gospel world.  Whitney truly had a gift of making people happy with her voice. 

I often wonder how someone with her family and church background could go so off-track.   But you may be right.  Celebrities are surrounded by other people who don't always have their best interests at heart.  Now another young woman has lost her mother too soon. 

When I think about myself and all that is happening and disappearing from my life, I think, at least I'm not under the domination of someone else.  I'm grateful for that. 

Rest in peace, Whitney. 

Iris L.