RSS Feed Print
Lost mom last night - 2 parents in 2 months
lab3421
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 9:19 PM

Last night mom took dad's arm and he lead her home.  After over 10 year of fighting this terrible disease, mom is no longer in any pain.  She went peacefully in her sleep, dressed and makeup done before she left the house.  She was a lady and as the saying goes, a lady knows when to leave.
OMNI461
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 10:46 PM

lab--I am so sorry you are going through this. I lost my mom on 2/1 and I could not imagine losing my dad so soon after. I worry about it (and have thought it could be possible for the past decade because he was so devoted to her) but so far he seems to be fairing okay. (Mom had and Dad has AD so you never know what really is going on the mind.)

You are in my thoughts...may wonderful memories help you get through this difficult time.

Waiting for a cure
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:23 AM

lab, how awful to lose both parents, and both within a short timeframe.  I pray you feel God's comforting care.

I like what you said about a lady knows when to leave, and about how your mom left as the lady she was.  I hope that one day, as you are healing, you can share special memories with us.  Your mom was special, and it's clear from your post how you love and admired her.

Beth in Indiana
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:54 AM

Wow - I am so very sorry.  That's a lot of grieve to process.  It sounds like you took some comfort in knowing how she left and where she is now.  And most especially, that the pain has ended for them both.  That's a huge hole in your life.  I hope you're taking special care of yourself now.  Long walks, comfort food, good friends, whatever helps you toward healing.  I find myself comparing how much of my traits I learned from my Mother.  Remembering the good influences.

Thinking of you -

Lisa428
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2012 2:26 PM

I'm so sorry for your losses.

You wil be in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

patgunn
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:45 PM

I am so sorry about your loss. I just lost my mother 2-17 so try to remember all the wonderful things that you guys had together.
Rosemarie
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 11:05 AM

Lab, i'm so sorry. It hurts so darn bad, but like you said, she knew when to go home. bless you and peace be with you,
lab3421
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 8:50 PM

Thank you.  Finally getting to grieve for them both.  I just miss them both so much.  Dad's was a shock New Years Eve - heart attack.  Mom's we had been expecting - but you are never ready.