RSS Feed Print
mom's celebration
Rosemarie
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2012 7:19 AM

I did it, i'm done and very tired. The weather was perfect, in the 80's. My backyard looked so pretty. Everything was purple, white and yellow. Kinda reminded me of Easter. Everyone did wear purple. So cool! all my flowers were in full bloom.

The food was great, everyone liked the alz. bracelets, the program and the video were amazing. The messages on the balloons didn't work out, when i was talking the balloons pulled out the stakes they were on and flew away. Kinda funny. oh well, they still looked pretty while they were in my rose garden.

They whole family showed up on Friday, we sat in the back yard and drank why to much. The first born gandson came with his two children, haven't seen him this whole time. It was good to see him and his kids. My mom would of been so proud that we all got together. My kids were a great help. I wish you all could of been there. I think about 100 people showed up. I wish I would of had a book for people to sign, I forgot that.

I had mom's remains placed on Thursday, I took a bunch of flowers up there yesterday. Some of the kids went up there on their own. I still need to get the marker made, Need to get some money saved up for that.

My sister was here since last Friday. She kept me on track. We cleaned out some things at my mom's house. Her hubby painted the front bathroom. Dealt with mom's financial adviser at the bank. This is going to take some time. He's not liking that I want all the money out of his hands. I have 3 1/2 years of bills that i need to pay off. Only working 8 hours I charged a lot and need to take care of it.

The hospice chaplin did some readings for me and talked about alz. That was wonderful.

The 2 grandson talked, I liked that. When I was talking, my friends told me that my sister went out to the front yard. So strange. She did tell me that I did a good job. Still can't tell me thank you.

I'm having  trouble replying to any post.

I wish you all the best and think of you all the time.

Bless you all and look me up on Facebook if you want. Rosemarie Dinwiddie, Covina 

OMNI461
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2012 7:55 PM

This sounds wonderful Rosemarie. I'm glad the day went well and you have some happy memories to cherish. Thanks for sharing.
MLB61
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 6:55 AM

Sounds like a wonderful tribute.  Such a nice way to celebrate a life.  Thank you for sharing.