RSS Feed Print
Dad is gone, but not forgotten
SadinHeart
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:44 AM

Today is one year since my Dad left this earth on 04/19/2011 @ 8:02pm

Earth lost a great man - Heaven gained another angel. This reminds me of the movie where Nicole Kidman lost her son and someone said to her that it happened because  "heaven needed another angel" and she replied "why didnt God just make another one".

There is so much in life that we dont understand. Death is so final that it rips into our innner being and leaves us empty without answers.

I will never forget this day, but this will be the last time I will recognize it, for my dad's life was more than one day, his life was full of joy because he did what he loved most, full of love from all of us that loved him and full of peace because he was a very peaceful man.

I found this poem once and it fits exactly how I feel, so I dedicate it to my dad:

Dad, I think of you with love today,
But that is nothing new.
I thought about you yesterday.
And days before that too.
I think of you in silence.
I often speak your name.
Now all I have is memories.
And your picture in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake.
With which I’ll never part.
God has you in his keeping.
I have you in my heart

dayn2nite
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:01 PM

I'm so sorry, I know today has to be so hard for you.  I'll have you in my thoughts all this evening.
Waiting for a cure
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:18 PM

On one hand, there are just no words to express the pain.  But, you've expressed yourself very eloquently.  I'm praying for you.
OMNI461
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:52 PM

What a beautiful poem. I know this day has to be hard, but I'm proud of you that you want to celebrate his life instead of recognize his passing. I will try to follow your lead on this idea...
SadinHeart
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 4:55 AM

It was a hard day, but work kept me busy. My eyes watered a few times when I told people what day it was, but I tried not to dwell on it.

It did hit me in the morning that there are so many other days to recognize dad, yesterday is not going to be one of them.

I always recognize my dad on Doctor's Day, Father's Day, his Birthday. So many other days that are full of memories.

From now on I will celebrate his life not his death.