RSS Feed Print
this is gonna sound a little odd, but....
madamme
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:29 PM

I have a ring of Mum's, that I wear all the time, we bought it in England on our last trip, I put it on just after she passed. It is a rainbow moonstone, that has the most beautiful light in it...each time I look down it was as if I could see her beautiful smile..this morning a I looked down and the stone had come out...its Gone. 

I feel sick..as if I have lost her again....I have gone through the trash, and looked all over..I know it was there last night before I went to bed...I have retraced my steps from this morning.....have I mentioned that I feel sick? 

so, before I start looking again, and start the vacuum up just in case..I am putting this out to the universe.... 

I am not Catholic....but..the universe works is odd ways......so..... 

O blessed St. Anthony,
the grace of God has made you a powerful advocate
in all our needs and the patron
for the restoring of things lost or stolen.
I turn to you today with childlike love and deep confidence.
You have helped countless children of God
to find the things they have lost,
material things, and, more importantly,
the things of the spirit: faith, hope, and love.
I come to you with confidence;
help me in my present need.
I recommend what I have lost to your care,
in the hope that God will restore it to me,
if it is His holy Will.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M

KML
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:01 PM

oh madamme, I am so sorry.  We hold to the things our loved one's loved and we treasure them. 

My dad wore my grandmother's wedding band, it disappeared from his finger and I looked and looked, it made be sick to think it was gone.

I am praying and hoping right along with you, that it will be found.  Check very carefully around the bed, behind the bed, under the bed.  It's amazing how something you think you can spot, can just get camouflaged and sometimes the object can be in a spot you never thought, could have bounced to an area further away.  Take one spot at a time and look very carefully.  Use a flashlight, the stone might reflect the light.   Sometimes, too, when you're upset, you just don't see straight, give yourself some time and look again.  I really hope it turns up for you.  But if it doesn't, maybe your mom needed it back to see your beautiful smile.  I know that's not much consolation, but I really do hope you get this treasure back.

dayn2nite
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:11 PM

Oh madamme I'm so sorry!!!  I'll say some prayers that it turns up--for some reason I think it will.

Rainbow moonstone is beautiful.  Metaphysically, moonstone protects those who have a sensitive nature. 

You may find it during the next full moon, which is July 3.  If it doesn't turn up and you want to try to find something similar, I get a lot of my unusual jewelry (meaning stones you don't see in a regular jewelry store) from Jewelry Television, Google for the web site.  They always have moonstone jewelry at a reasonable price.  It would never replace the special piece of your mother's, but you might find something similar.  I know the name sounds cheesy and so does the channel, but they really have lovely jewelry with genuine stones at very good prices.

madamme
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:31 PM

Thanks ladies...the pisser is I know its in the house...It was in the ring last night..It was there this morning, I know cos it was there  while I was doing my exercises..( I started doing them again and it helps)I just do stretches and work with bands and a yoga ball.. 

Anyway..after doing the workout I looked down at my hand and the stone was gone!!!.... 

Day2nite-Honey, one of the reasons we got her the ring was due to the characteristics of Rainbow Moonstone...When I went on my trip back to England on my own I found a pendant the matched in shape and size that  I bought..the synchronicity of it spoke to me..so I have that, It much larger than the ring..so I have that.....but I am just sick.....i will check that site you mentioned after the 3rd of July if it doesn't turn up......I am much more a metaphysical person that a religious person.....thats why the ring had been so important.....Thank you for your prayers... 

KML- thanks honey....it helps just to know that people "get it"

i just want to cry....... 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M 

KML
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:36 PM

If it's in the house, you're going to find it.  It may drive you crazy for a short time, but it's there and it will turn up. 

This sounds funny, but when I look for something I lost, I become the lost the object and think of all the places, I could possibly have gone to. 

I have a feeling you are going to find it.  You were in the house when you last saw it, that's a good thing, it will turn up.

madamme
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:45 PM

KML- Funny but I do the same thing.. for years whenever something was misplaced in the house my Dad (who had the same intials as you) would have me look for it...even after I moved out....and I would always find the missing item...he used to say I had some faerie blood in me since I was born on St Patricks Day ..... 

I am going to just try to relax about it..I have gone through the garbage cans...(ugh) its got to be somehere on the floor ......I just can't see it... 

{{{{{{{}}}}}}-M 

dayn2nite
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:41 PM

You know what might work?  If you have a flashlight, either dim the lights or turn them off completely and use the flashlight to scan the floors.  Unless it's buried under something or in deep carpet, the moonstone should kind of glow (you know how it seems like there's a light inside it?), it may be easier to see the stone by flashlight.
madamme
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:50 PM

I did try the flashlight earlier..no luck, but there was still a lot of light from the windows....I figure I will wait until after sunset...even tho I don't like dark rooms...

Its just bugging me..I keep going over the morning in my head....i did go outside, but that was before my exercise..and i could swear that the stone was in plac when I was doing my exercises...

If it came off outside then it may be gone for good.......

It about 6:45 here on the west coast....so a couple more hours t'il sunset...I am just hoping that the universe isn't playing a practical joke on me....cos its not funny.........

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M

Beth in Indiana
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:34 AM

Hi Madamme - thinking of you.  Any luck?  It's not fair to be punished for exercising   That's suppose to be GOOD karma. 

Another way to look at it could be the universe is telling you it's time to let go. It could be a trigger to help with that.  You mentioned you felt sick, as if you were losing her all over again.  I get that, I truly do.  There have been 'events' in the last couple of months that have triggered really strong emotions for me that my counselor has helped me see are the 'waves' of grief playing out.  Losing the stone, losing your Mother. 

I truly hope the stone reappears for you soon.  But if it doesn't, you'll be OK too.

lesleeb
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:29 PM

Oh Mel, I'm so sorry you have temporarily misplaced that stone. I wish I could come over and crawl all over the floor for you. I have really good vision and finding missing objects is my specialty! Do you think the cats could have gotten ahold of it?

dayn2nite
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:28 PM

When it gets dark tonight take the flashlight outside and go over some places you might have been out there.
madamme
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:24 PM

first off, thanks kids...I appreciate all the kind words.... 

Update is that it hasn't re appeared yet...I have looked all over..with flashlight...took apart the bed, went through the trash again (ugh).... 

Leslee, sweetie I don't think the fur boys got hold of it..if Mr P did he would have been batting it around and I think I would have noticed..its too Big for them to have swallowed  about an inch long and 3/4 of an inch thick(not a pleasant thought....) 

Dayn2nite, I am going to retrace my steps outside with the flashlight again..my only worry is that one area has a s__load of pine needles and if i disturb it too much .....well,  it might well just sink lower into them if it  is there.... 

Beth--Hi sweetie--I will be ok if it doesn't turn up, but, it was the last gift that she was able to pick out for herself...thats one of the reasons it hurts so much that it popped out..it is the shape of a teardrop...but had such a beautiful light in it... 

Anyway..I am asking the  universe and faerie each day to return it if they borrowed it...... 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M 

Still Waters
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:31 PM

I hope you find it too. But if you don't its going to be okay because you will never lose her. She will allways be in your heart.
dayn2nite
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:20 PM

Madamme, I was thinking of you earlier today--I had JTV on (the jewelry channel) and they had a line of jewelry from India---MOONSTONE galore.  There was a moonstone bracelet that was very pricey but it was gorgeous.  Then they showed a giant moonstone geode that looked like a fluffy cloud inside while they were talking about how moonstone is mined.  Very interesting.
MLB61
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:24 AM

M -- What I usually tell my daughter when she loses a ring or earring (which is often) is to look in her clothes.  A lot of the time, it comes off when you are taking off a shirt. What were you wearing?  Make sure to shake out your clothes before you wash them. Good luck.  I hope you find it.  Sending out some positive thoughts to the universe for you....
madamme
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 12:59 PM

MLB---Hi sweetie! been sending o hugs,...hope they are getting through.. 

Stilwaters- Thanks honey--I appreciate the good thoughts..... 

Dayn2nite---I checked out the site....they have some lovely stuff..no single stones to order..but I am going to keep it on file as a go to gift site... 

I really appreciate everyone's good thought..I think the faeries have run off with the stone ( they do love shiny things.... ) 

I told a good friend who is a wonderful jeweler about it...she is more than willing to look for a stone and replace it  if I want so I can still wear the ring..so thats what I am going to do...she adored Mum, and has the ability and love in her heart to "fix" it for me so I am going to send her the ring and let the universe take care of it....(her offer to do so touched me, her daughter just had a brain tumor removed and for her to make this offer is so dear, its not like she doesn't have enough to think about..) So thats the plan..i know that what will likely happen is that the stone may turn up now...but thats ok...I will tuck it away if it does with some other stones...

I will let you all know how it turns out..I'll post a pic on this thread if you like---

Hugs to you all...may the universe smile on each of you!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M

cowboys
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 2:50 PM

I hope you have found it by now Mel, I am so sorry. I just know you will find it somewhere you least expect. Did you ask mom to help you find it? I am sure you did.  I just hate it when something like this happens. Holding good thoughts girlfriend!
Stellar Daughter-In-Law
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 5:14 PM

I am so sorry.  I hope the stone turns up.  I wish we could all come over and be your search team to help you find it.  Have you asked someone else to come over and look for it with you?  An extra set of eyes often helps.  When I lose something I usually have my husband help me look for it and within 30 second I find it myself.  Something about having an extra set of eyes makes me look differently at the space I have been going through and through.  Two thoughts: Have you gone through your laundry hamper?  Could it have come off while hand washing and be in the trap in the sink?

Good luck.  I cannot imagine how hard it must be to have that missing. 

madamme
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 10:29 PM

Kim-yes sweetie I did ask Mum, and Pop too for their help...so far  I think they might be out dancing... which I am ok with.... 

Stellar-Thanks honey..I have checked those spots..even put my hand down the sink where the disposal is...no luck there....I wish you could all come on over too....we could look for the ring and then even if we didn't find it  we could gather on the patio for a  few adult beverages and talk about our loved ones and cry and hug...I've got a bottle of champs in the fridge, left from when the spouse moved out.... 

i packed up the ring and sent it off to my jeweler friend..I took pics of the pendant and even found a pic of the ring on my phone from my trip so she can look for a good match...,,If I end up finding the stone I can always have a pendant made for it... tomorrow i am going to do a thorough vac of the living room and hall..I have already done the bedroom... 

I think the faerie just found it too enticing...and I can't really blame them..Mum fell in love with it too...... 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M 

Beth in Indiana
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 8:18 AM

Hi - I love that your friend will be distracting herself, reworking your ring.  A plus for your both!  Please do send us a pic.  I'm looking forward to seeing your 'next' ring.  So fitting for your journey.  Your deck/porch with adult beverages sounds lovely, we could put it next to my lake and talk the night away....

Hugs -

madamme
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:42 PM

HUUUUUUUZZZZZZZAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! 

I am sooooo happy!!!! 

Remember how I said once I sent the ring to my friend I thought the stone would show up???? Well....this morning, I was getting ready to do my exercise, after spending time outside taking picture of dragonflies and butterflies (i know right???) and...... 

I looked down at what I thought was a piece of tape or plastic.....and.....wait for it....It was the stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I grabbed it up..did a little dance in my heart and called my friend....after I calmed down...I am going to send it off to her today and soon...I will have the treasure back on my hand.... 

SOOOO excited!!! 

Thank all of you for your thoughts and love on this...when I get it back I will take a picture for you..... 

In the meantime I am going to post a pic for you of the dragonfly in my garden this morning....... 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M 

File Attachment(s):
june 037 (372x500).jpg (154336 bytes)

Beth in Indiana
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:01 PM

Awesome - simply awesome.  I'm so happy for you.  Sounds like the garden fairies were holding it safe

Have a GREAT evening!

KML
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:51 PM

Oh Madamme: 

I am incredibly happy for you and I know your heart is just bursting with joy.  A very good day, indeed.  Very, very happy for you.

dayn2nite
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:54 PM

YAY!!!!
madamme
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:12 PM

Hey ladies thanks so much!!! 

I had hoped that once I let go of the worry of it..(after crawling around on my hands and knees with the flash light and vacuuming oh so carefully, and pacing) that it would turn up...and I think that because I did the universe let me find it.....that or the Faeries were done with it...maybe they needed a bit of its majic for something special.......... ..and I must state that I am not mocking the faerie..I know better....

It was just such a relief to have it back in my hand....... 

I have attached a pic of my Beautiful Darling Mum and me..It was taken

the summer before our last trip back to England....Just before our 2nd trip, outside on the patio....... 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M 

File Attachment(s):
2009_0524(029) (401x500).jpg (162149 bytes)

Waiting for a cure
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:11 PM

Yay I mean YAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

So glad you found it!!!!  

And thank you for attaching the photo of you and your mom....so precious, beautiful.  Your smiles....so sweet.

dayn2nite
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:46 PM

What a beautiful, beautiful picture of both of you!  Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
MLB61
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:16 AM

Yay!!!
Beth in Indiana
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:22 AM

What a beautiful picture.  So much love there shining through.  Thanks for sharing it!
madamme
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:51 PM

It suddenly dawned on me that I had promised you all a pic of Mum's ring..after it was repaired and returned..so I finally managed to take some pics of it,..I have been busy with taking pics of the deer, fawn and other fauna that wander through my yard..this summer we had a couple of sets of twins,,which Mum would have  loved.. 

Anyway attached is the pic,i do so appreciate the warm thoughts and that went out it really helped when I thought it was going to be gone for good... 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M 

File Attachment(s):
ring 004 (523x640).jpg (186272 bytes)

farawaydaughter
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:10 PM

madamme, I missed your loss of the stone, as I wasn't "here" yet. I am so glad all is well now. I agree, sometimes you just have to put it out to the universe and have peace with the outcome.

Now if only the universe would find my moms Toad House.........it was there when I left 3 1/2 years ago, it was the first thing I asked about, and sis has no idea what happened to it (ya right).......I have searched the web for that Toad House, but there are none like it.

I am so happy for you.

Still Waters
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:01 PM

So happy you are reunited.
KML
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 11:12 AM

Madamme:

It is beautiful and what a great picture, you captured the light, but then you would.  All of your words to us help us capture the light.  Thank you.

I went to the annual Garlic Festival we have in California, there were vendors and some selling some beautiful pieces of jewelry.  I saw moonstones and I immediately thought of you.

I'm glad the moonstone is back in your life, it's like an anchor, something to keep you steady and holding.

madamme
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 11:54 AM

KML...Honey you  were in Gilroy for the Garlic festival.???.yea gods..was it the usual HOT weekend for it?? I never made it down for it..tho its supposed to be a great weekend.. 

I used to live in Sonoma.. How close to Gilroy are you? I keep thinking about going to to Sonoma for a visit again...not much for me down there any more but I still love the area.. 

Glad you like the pic..took a couple of tries to get it right..did you pick up a moonstone for yourself? its a great healing stone..even if you don't believe in it per se, its a great talisman...think about it..that way you would always have a bit of light with you... 

Faraway....you were in the midst of soo much when I was looking for my lost light...try visualizing the Toad House...it may be tucked away some where...I know this is a horrid time for you..and you're going to have to go back to get those memory pieces that you want...I am asking the universe to wrap you in light to help with that journey when the time comes... 

Still--I have to be sure not to where it when I am doing gardening and such, but I feel better just knowing it here and all in one piece again.... 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M 

KML
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 12:06 PM

I'm a couple of hours away from Gilroy.  My husband wanted to go for his birthday, we had never been before.  The morning was kind of cold, was sorry I wore shorts, but it sure did heat up in the afternoon.  It was fun going and seeing everything and trying out the garlic cuisine.  It was a good day.

I love Sonoma, I'm lucky to live close enough to where many enjoyable places are just a few hours away.

I just might get a moonstone, they are lovely.  I'll keep my eyes open for a special one.