RSS Feed Print
"Visiting" Dad in my heart
Still Blessed Daughter
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2012 7:42 PM

KML and I started chatting about this in another string ("My first one").

I want to ask here, is anyone else doing this, and how is it going for you?

"This" is some variation on: I go "visit" Dad in my heart. He seems to reside there. I don't particularly believe in an afterlife, so I'm not talking about that, though I have nothing against that. 

It's more like: In my heart is love; Dad loved me; I loved and still love him; therefore, he's here." Except it occurred to me in a more physical, less logical way. Once I noticed that I could do that - go "visit Dad in my heart," I kept doing it.

At the end, Dad could not speak coherently, and could not understand what I was saying. The good news now is, we understand each other perfectly, and I need not say a word. We're beyond words. Everything we had to say has been said. 

I was telling a friend about this, and she said, "Well, how IS your Dad?" Loved it that she "went there" with me. "Oh he's doing REALLY well!" I said. "No pain, no confusion, no physical ailments. Just love."

Then we chatted about other things, and at the end of the phone call, she said, "Say hi to your Dad for me."

Cracked me up - and REALLY delighted me.

Anyone else (in addition to KML, who of course might want to chime in more) doing anything like this?