RSS Feed Print
It's been awhile
Rosemarie
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:37 PM

Wow! Haven't been on here for months, but I woke up this morning thinking about you all. 

I'm coming up on the first anniversary of mommas passing, maybe that's why. 

I'm doing ok. My family keeps me busy. Always something to do. Planning the wedding, working and trying to get myself back into shape helps. I have lost 4 inches all around my body. Feels good. I've got to look good for my daughters wedding that will take place in September at the Carmel mission ranch. It's going to be so pretty. She's ordered her dress, cake and flowers and got the band booked. We just need to found a photographer and we're good to go. 

I do think of you all that went through the journey with me. I hope your all doing ok.

I miss my mom so much, but time heals. 

Please take care of yourselves. And as always, bless you

dayn2nite
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:59 PM

I'm so glad you have a wonderful wedding to look forward to.  I was thinking yesterday that in a couple of months it'll be another "first" for me, the 1st anniversary of my mom's passing.  I just can't believe it.

I'm glad things are going okay for you, keep on keepin' on.

Cloud
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:09 PM

I am Cloudvacation.  Sounds like it will be a beautiful wedding.  My husband died about three and a half months ago, and it has been about a week and a half since my mother and I moved into a senior apt complex together.  It is important to me to rejoice with others, join in their happiness.  I especially like to rejoice in the grandchildren of my family.  But right now, I have waves of exhaustion and grief.  It is good to come here and share that too.  One person called the life of my family a "minestrone."  So true, all the good and the bad coming together to make a rich broth, I guess.  God Bless Us Everyone.
PatF
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 12:52 AM

Cloudvacation--I sure miss the trips we took on the other board---your island was paradise!  I am still technically a caregiver, Mom is still with me but steadily advancing through the stages.  I just wanted to say hi to some dear friends here...