RSS Feed Print
Hello
Angela65
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:18 PM

HELLO!

I have begun a bereavement drop in group, and spoken with a bereavement counselor, I really recommend this especially to those who have lost ,loved one recently. It is offered  thru the Hospice that came in and cared for my mom. I wanted to wish all of you well. I don't get a chance to get on very often. But think of all of you.

dj okay
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:33 PM

Angela,

Thanks for dropping in with a good word.  I'm glad you are positively working on your grief.  This is a good sign.

I just want to tell you that I love your avatar.  Seeing the Northern Lights is on my bucket list.

Hope you're doing well.

Tomc5592
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 1:09 PM

Hi Angela,

Always good to be reminded of bereavement resources. 

Everyone I know who used the groups highly endorsed them. My SIL used a Hospice counselor as she didn't want to be in a group.

I'm glad you're moving through the grief and hope you have joy and peace.

Tom

one daughter
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 1:30 PM

I don't think I would qualify, as I signed the hospice paper work, minutes b4 my daddy passed.
dj okay
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 4:47 PM

One daughter,

It seems that if you qualified for their bereavement services you would have been contacted by now.  But it wouldn't hurt to ask.

You might check with local funeral homes.  They often have grief support groups.

Angela65
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:50 PM

Hello, DJ okay seeing the northern lights is also on my bucket list they fascinate me, Thankyou ever1 4 the support that U give. One daughter please call the Hospice that was caring for your dad and ask them if they offer bereavement services. If your dad qualified 4 hospice you qualify for some counseling, if its offered. It has helped me at least feel like im not losing my mind. The group only meets once a month . I wish all of you much love, peace, strength.                                                                                                                                                                             Your sister in Alzheimers