RSS Feed Print
Dropping By To Say Hello
Marjk
Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2014 7:39 AM

Next month is two years that my mother died.  I can't believe it!  I still feel as though I should be going to visit her.   There are many times I wish she was still here, but as the healthy mother, not the sick one.  I'm very happy for her that she was released from this disease.

I think about this place so often,  I do "lurk" on here at times to see how everyone is doing.  This place was such an important part of my life, I can't give it up completely.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Be Strong 2
Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2014 8:40 AM

Marjk,

Good to hear from you again. I sure hope life is treating you well. Do continue to drop in now and then.

Remember, we're all in the same boat; and the darn thing leaks!

Bob  

Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2014 9:09 AM

It is so good to hear from you. When you do drop in, p.ease do add some of your wisdom to our posts.
Jo C.
Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:54 AM

Well hello there, Marj!  It is good to hear from you. 

I understand what you are saying.  It has been two years since my mother's passing too, and just the other day, even though I am not the crying type, I found myself in tears for no particular reason except my heart was missing her and others who have gone.

As I told a friend I related this to, I think that that somehow, we lose our "innocence" in a way on this journey and we now know too much and also have more knowledge of what the future often portends in its vagaries.

Like you, I really miss the Mom who was well and who I would call each day and share things with.  So much and so many lost over the years.   Christmas is no longer the rollicking, noisy gatherings they used to be with the table groaning under the weight of the dishes prepared and all the laughter and sharing. 

I surely do miss those times and the Loved Ones who have gone before us, and I treasure those that I have with me even more; but the years grow shorter and shorter and I can see from down the shady side of the hill that more changes will be coming.

I am so happy you touched bases, and you can do this any time on any Forum you wish, and are of course welcome to offer advice to others too, if you are so moved.  You have a lot of experience to back yourself up, that is for sure.

And . . . . last but not least, how's everything going for you right now, and what are you doing?  (If you feel like answering.)

In any case, so good to hear from you,

Johanna

MLB61
Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2014 6:14 PM

Hi Marjk!!!  

So nice to hear from you!!  I just had the 2 year anniversary for mom and dad.  There were a few of us that lost loved ones around the same time. It's hard to believe that it has been 2 years. I feel the same way that you do -- I miss them so, but I am glad they are free.  I have been thinking about them a lot recently. I guess that comes with the anniversary.  

I hope you and your sister (pie something?) are well.  Hugs to you both!!

KML
Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014 12:07 PM

Hi marjk:

Last month was two years for my dad's passing.  I think of him very often and really do miss him alot.  Miss my mom, too, although that's been almost 14 years.  It's kind of strange territory now without having parents.  I feel myself moving into their role, hosting the holidays and such, moving into the elder role, weird feeling. I look at my daughter and she's where I used to be.  Life moves on and fast.

I hope Pieberry is doing well, too, and of course, Riley. Good to hear from you and take care.

King Boo
Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014 1:29 PM

Hey Marjk-

It's me, King Boo, aka mommieaudio!  It's my turn now - my Dad is on palliative care and just moved to skilled.  I was stressing big time, because somehow I found myself with too many part time jobs, no time to visit him, plus home and children.   What to do?    I recalled your decision when Mom was in her last year.

I'm very proud to say that I gave notice at a pretty toxic office I was working in, and have now freed up more time.  Hopefully for Dad. . . .I am feeling a whole lot better.   Our field, however, appears to be going down the tubes, at least part of it.  Change is here!

Glad to see your post.  Coming up on Mom's 6 year in July.  Hard to believe. 

Marjk
Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014 5:44 PM

So many of us lost our loved ones around the same time.

I'm doing well, so is Pieberry - so is Riley, aka pukeyhead or pukeydog - I can't remember what I used to call him.  He hasn't been in a car in a LONG time, thankfully!  He just turned 14.

King Boo, I'm sorry about your dad - but glad you gave notice to a toxic office!  I'm working full time again now and loving every second of it.  It took me a while to find the right fit.  That other place was going to send me to an early grave.  The place has offices all over - email me and I can let you know what it is, they hire full and part time.  mklassy at gmail dot com.  Actually, anyone can email me, it's nice to hear from you all.

I'm also still hanging with Mr. Canada.  Things there are going well too.

I hate to say this, but I am so much more relaxed now.  I miss my mother something awful, I still cry at times - but my stress level is practically non existent now - almost to the point of being a little bored.

Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:23 PM

I'm late to this thread because I don't usually visit this board.  If you return to your thread: 

Hi, marjk, I'm glad you're doing well.

Iris L.

yesterday
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:33 PM

Hello to old friends from the old boards!!  My screen name used to be PatF.  I just lost my Mom to this disease last night.  I came here looking for ways to cope with life again.  I am at a loss as to what to do now.  Perhaps I became co-dependent being a caregiver and am feeling lost.  I am so glad to see all your names again and see that there is life after caregiving!  

I can't believe that Riley (the carsick dog) is 14!!!!  Wonderful news! Hi to Pieberry!  Gosh it's good to see your names, Marj, Bob, Mimi, Johanna, KML, mommieaudio and Iris!!  It seems like yesterday when we were on the old boards.  And my new screen name is "yesterday".  (((Hugs))) to you all!!!

Oceanbum
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:00 AM

Hi Marjk,

So good to "see" you. I don't frequent the boards much any more. I suppose it's part of the healing process. Or maybe I'm just moving on.

I lost my Mom 2 years ago June 22. There were so many of us right around the same time. You were among the many names I remember that were so comforting to me during Mom's illness and at the time of her loss.

So glad you popped in to see everybody. I don't come here much. Just check in now and again to see how everybody is doing.

Hugs to you!!