RSS Feed Print
A warm moment
farawaydaughter
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 10:05 PM

It has been over 2 years (a blur) since my parents passed.

Yesterday I decided to take apart bedspread that had some lovely needling on it, to save it for ?????

With scissors in hand I started cutting the parts I wanted from it. A warm memory flooded over me, as mom was a super seamstress. We had many projects over the years, mainly mine because I am terrible at sewing but had the visions of something great, to which she always jumped on board and helped.

That warm memory feeling came over me, remembering the past and her helping me. Remembering and finding comfort as my hands used the scissors to cut this "project" up. I could feel her hands in mine.

It was a lovely time for me, and lovely memories, I guess I am finally "there" when I can allow the memories let me cherish them.

quits
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:01 AM

That is such a special time you had enjoying good memories. 

Thank you for sharing hope that it gets easier with time.

Lisa428
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:25 PM

How lucky you are to have those wonderful memories! I am so happy for you!

It takes time for the pain to lessen and allow the good memories in.

It's been almost 4 years since my Mom died.  I do have some good memories but I still miss her.  Guess I always will.  She was MY Mom.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

Oceanbum
Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2014 10:49 AM

farawaydaughter,

Sounds like beautiful memories! I'm so glad you got to share them with your Mom. I had similar memories with my Grandma. She taught me to do embroidery. I do cross stich now but I often think of her when I do it.

After I started doing cross stitch my Mom started trying to learn it, too. She was never "obsessed" with it like I am. But she made a few projects over the years. Shortly after she passed away I opened  a drawer and ran across a pair of pillow cases she made me one year for my birthday. Naturally, I sat there bawling my eyes out, holding these pillow cases. They are probably one of my most treasured posessions.