RSS Feed Print
Different Kind of Christmas this Year
milmac111
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2015 7:35 AM

I have not posted much lately, Some of you are aware that Mac is now at home under hospice care, I feel like I am in a kind of limbo, with one foot on each side of life and death.  I found this song and it speaks to me, and I think it may speak to you too. Bless you all, and stay strong. I love you all and could not have gotten this far without you.

Milly

youtube.com/watch?v=sf6_JBLTNAM

socwkr
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2015 10:06 AM

Milly, this is such a beautiful song and video.  Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs, Debra.

Pasnurse
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2015 2:16 PM

I am so glad to read this post from you I was worried. So sorry to read that Mac is on hospice. Hugs to you and to your family . Stay strong as you would say !! Love ya pauline
300sun
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 10:15 AM

It's a beautiful song, thank you for sharing the link.

Last Christmas was sad because Mom was so ill.

Since Mom passed in August, I think of her as Mom before dementia and after. She was two different people and I loved them both.

I'm so glad you have Hospice support and hope you take advantage of all they offer.

Patrick

Sea Field
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 10:18 AM

Oh Milly,  what an amazing song!  Tears yes, but soothing, healing tears.

Much love to you and Mac (and your Mom)

Cynthia 

dayofhope
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 4:52 PM

I miss you guys, Milly, Pauline, Cynthia, though thanks Cynthia for still posting, Debra too. We all joined around the same time. The stories we could share. It may be my imagination, but seems we all had more fun then, different times I suppose.

Milly, I have you and Mac in my prayers, I think of hospice as a time to grow Angel wings of Light.

Thank you all for the connection. You are all special to me.

Tanya

Jo C.
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 10:28 AM

Milly, you have been thought of so much and missed.  I am sorry to hear about Mac but also am heartened to hear that you have Hospice in to assist.

It has been such a long time together on our journeys.  I am sending a big, warm hug to you and do know that we are with you in spirit.

J.

Pasnurse
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:28 PM

Hi , I do not get on the board much, however you all are close to my heart.. Dec 15 will be 2 years that sard boy his angel wings.. I am really having a tough time as it gets closer to the date .. So many memories good and bad... I love how you explained hospice... I hope milly gets comfort from these Angels.  So evetyone have the greatest Christmas you can muster up ... Hugs  pauline
Pasnurse
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:29 PM

Beautiful song . It speaks volumes... Pauline
Lorita
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:17 PM

Hi,

Milly, good to see a post from you.I'm sorry it's gotten to the point hospice has become involved.  Most of us reach that point eventually but it isn't easy.  Use their help and get rest yourself when you can.  

It's going to be a different kind of Christmas here, too.  Charles and I have spent the last two Christmases in the hospital and this one I'll spend along with my animals.

Pauline, the 15th of this month will be eleven months since I lost Charles.  Time is passing.  I'll be thinking of you on the 15th.

Lesley Jean
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:08 PM

Milly,

I am so glad to hear from you. I am so sorry that Mac is now on Hospice. Big bear hugs coming your way.

LJ

Pasnurse
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 4:57 PM

Hi Lorrita I will also be thinking of you on the 15 of jan. for me it will always be a different kind of Christmas.   One would think it gets easier around the time of death however I am not there yet !!! Yes life goes on and we all put one foot in front of the other ,and keep moving so loritta your animals are a comfort to you which is great... But I am wishing you the merriest of Christmases ... As Milly as said I would not have gotten this far if it weren't for all of you !!!! Love you all pauline.
milmac111
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 12:23 PM

This is such a touching look at Christmas for all who have lost their loved ones. I thought I would bring it back TTT for this year.
A losing hand.
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 3:11 PM

Milly,

I was wondering how you and Mac were doing, since you haven't posted in quite awhile. Seems like a lot of people have quit posting.

Since my wife is gone, to me Christmas is just like any other day. Lousy and lonely.

I hope you and all the other people on this forum have a great Christmas.

Good luck.

jfkoc
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 5:47 PM

I'm glad to see your post also
His Daughter
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 9:35 PM

Milmac,

Not sure I can listen to it right now, but promise to try.  I completely understand your situation this Christmas.  I was there just 1 year ago.  My father passed on Dec. 19th, and I did his funeral on the the 23rd.  I was so busy throughout that final stretch, I was really just walking through the motions.  Please accept my understanding and sympathy for your situation.  The holidays are always hard.  Enjoy whatever you can.

Many thoughts and blessings,

His Daughter

MPSunshine
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:09 AM

Dear Milly, Thanks for posting this song. It's very sweet.  Yes, Christmas will be so different this year in our family. We are still buying the biggest tree ever and baking cookies, but yes, there is that empty chair at the table and a photo where my dad should be.
milmac111
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:24 PM

Bless you all, My Christmas wish is that God holds you all tenderly in his hands. Mac amazingly is still holding on. In October 2015 they told me he wouldn't last more than a couple of months. Now they say the care I have given him has made him last for nearly 11 years of this terrible disease, I think he is just an incredibly strong man and refuses to go without one hell of a fight. I know my days without him are coming. What ever is keeping him here I am grateful. ALH, I miss the bright spot you put in my days (laughs and jokes). I hope you and jfkoc are filling time with new things and interests and are finding your new normal. 

Bless you all, and stay strong,

Milly

Veterans kid
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:39 PM

Milky,

Thank you for the update and the link.

Keeping you and Mac in my thoughts and prayers,

Julie. Always be VK.

Lorena K
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2016 11:33 AM

A beautiful song and video . I have not put up a tree yet,don't have any desire to . Maybe when my granddaughter has the time,I will do some decorating.It will be a different kind of Christmas here.