RSS Feed Print
Question
A losing hand.
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 12:17 PM

My wife has been gone for 9 weeks. I still talk to her everyday.

Anyone that lost their L.O. do this, or am I just crazy?

Thank you.

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 3:13 PM

I talk everyday and sometimes the conversation is heated. Hope that helps.
Lorita
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 3:51 PM

Hi losing hand,

I talk to Charles every day, too.  I come in and tell him what's going on outside.  I don't think it's nuts at all.  We've talked to them for many years- why stop now?

Sea Field
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 4:00 PM

ALH,   I talk to Tom quite often too.  And every once in a while I dance with him.

If this is crazy, I don't want to be sane.

Cynthia

socwkr
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 4:17 PM

Yes, I talk with Dickson everyday, and now that his guide dog, Jane Baby has passed, I talk with her as well.  I am never alone!

Hugs, Debra.

Lesley Jean
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2015 10:57 PM

Debra,

I am so sorry for the loss of your dog.  It is like loosing a member of the family. 

I too talk to Jerry. Every night and through out the day. I tell him I love him ,miss him, my feelings, ask him what I should do, ... I feel him lose to me and I feel so much better and I sleep better after my conversation with him. I just wish I could hear him answer me or tell me he loves me, just one Mortimer.

LJ 

Ukie
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2015 8:52 AM

Today is one month since my wife passed away. I talk to her every day; in the car, during my walks, any time the urge strikes me. I have taken comfort in the following, hopefully others will also: The great and sad mistake of many people, among them pious persons, is to imagine that those whom death has taken leave us. They do not leave us. They remain. Where are they? In darkness? Oh, no! It is we who are in darkness. We do not see them, but they see us. Their eyes, radiant with glory, are fixed upon our eyes full of tears. Though invisible to us, our dear dead are not absent... death has not destroyed them, nor carried them away. They are not even absent, but living near to us, transfigured. I will continue to talk to my wife. I hope that you continue to talk to yours. If you're crazy than so am I.
Bjjca
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2015 3:54 PM

I talk to Bob all the time.
Sea Field
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2015 5:23 PM

Ukie, well said.
jfkoc
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2015 7:05 PM

Oh ukie...I love your post. My husband suffered from bibliomania. There are hundreds of books to go through. Truly they do need to be gone through for several reasons. I have no doubt that my husband is here.

Book 1: My husband was a pilot for Air America (CIA) in Viet Nam and Laos. I realized I knew little about this part of is life Not married to him then). The first book I picked up, Air America, had been a gift from him to me with a message on the fly page.

Book 2: I sat down next to my daughter who was willingly going through books to identify any of significant value (there are). I asked her what about the Joan Didions, reached over, picked out one while saying I never cared for her work. In side was a long message telling me that books like loved ones, were both comforting and good companions. It to had been a gift to me.

Book 3: This was a book of poetry. I am not a fan of poetry. Anyway I flipped to a page that was about someone deceased looking down on his loved ones dealing with all of his books.

Book 4: Just a sweet book given to me with love.

Each book I selected "at random".

Perhaps if we are open there is a two way conversation.

A losing hand.
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2015 9:41 AM

Well, 258 people read my question and only 8 said they still talk to their L.O. even tho their gone. I guess the 8 of us are just a small minority.

I hope 2016 is better for everyone.   Good luck.

300sun
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2015 2:50 PM

I think most widowed talk to their spouses. I've heard it expressed many times.

You know how these forums operate, lots of people reading and fewer posting...