RSS Feed Print
3 tons of junk
blfbrat
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:08 PM

My dear husband, would not be happy with me,  I had a dumpster brought to my home,  He said he was a collector,  I said he was a hoarder.  He had 65 un open models of tanks, plus lots and lots of work benches, books, furniture, tools, cars, lots of other stuff.   He had filled the basement, garage and attic.  I tried to get him to help me go through stuff, but he felt it was all valuable.  I have had my son, son-in-law and grandson come help me.  I am sure I have thrown out something valuable, but I have lived this long without them.  I wish he could have helped me and told me what he had.  I have just ordered another dumpster after filling up a 3 ton dumpster.  I am so upset that I allowed my life to get this bad.  I do feel a little lighter now that I am not buired under all of the junk.
jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 8:11 PM

YIKES!!!!. I thought I was under water with way many books...boxes of books...a garage of books. Good for you just tackling it.
blfbrat
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 7:38 AM

Second dumpster leaving on Monday,  Funny it was easier to get rid of stuff at first, but now, I am not letting things go as easily,  there is less and less of him here,  I don't want to loose it all.  I found 3 hats in his trunk,  I have no use for them, but I could not throw them away.

There is a feeling of lightening the load with all the junk out.  Found mold behind some of his stuff, so a new issue, he would have known right away what to do,  I miss his guidance, he used to fix, then it came to I would ask questions, to now, where I say what am I suppose to do and there is no answer.

Agent 99
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 11:49 AM

May be I can help with the mold.  First, don't panic.  In my profession we said "mold is gold"!    Can you explain more about it and send photos?  Is it on the house or belongings?  I won't inundate you with questions until you respond, if you want to.
Lesley Jean
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 11:49 PM

You are doing great! 

LJ

a_step@a_time
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2016 3:29 AM

YYes, stuff can be overwhelming.  I don't live in a place where can have garage sales, so I donate things.  

Im a person with undiagnosed dementia and having difficulty throwing things out b/c I'm being told by many that no diagnosis means I don't have dementia.  But know in my head probably do b/c saw progression in parent.

Do what keeps you sane!  Your health important!