RSS Feed Print
Looking better
blfbrat
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:27 AM

I was at the doctor for myself last Friday,  took a year until I would go for me, too busy taking care of Jerry.

The doctor and nurses all came out and hugged me, told me I looked great, they had been concerned, as I was exhausted towards the end of his life.

They were impressed, my health was better,  I lost 40 lbs, I was so sick while he was sick, had a lung infection, had MRSA, the last 3 months of his life.  It is nice they saw the difference.  Of course they did tell me, my Jerry was one of the worst for attitude they had ever seen (like I did not know that one).

I think they were worried, I would go before he did and then they would have had to put him in an institution and he would have fought them tooth and nail, telling them he could take care of himself.

Sea Field
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:37 AM

I am so glad you are getting some of your bounce back! It does take quite a toll to provide the care our LOs need.  And especially so if they are belligerent and difficult. 

I too had several people (even my banker) tell me how much better I looked a few months later.  That they were worried about me.  Made me wonder 'just how bad did I look?' 

Now a year and 3 months later, I feel SOooo much better.  Glad you do too.

jwn
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:43 AM

It's been a year and 3months for me ,glad your doing better, I see sea field is doing better too, long time healing, good luck, I was lucky my DW was sweet all the time, she had a smile for me all the time, she didn't know who I was , but, how lucky is that.miss her.