RSS Feed Print
no follow through
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:17 PM

I have always been better at starting but now if I get 2-3 things done I am burned out. I just have to stop even if something is close to completion...brain just quits.
Agent 99
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:50 PM

I've told myself - if I get one thing done a day, that's okay.  Sometimes more but not much.  THen I ask myself - why am I like this.  My answer is - because I can be!  Couldn't before.
A losing hand.
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 2:42 PM

When I started something, I always finished it. And I always kept busy.                     

Now if it's not absolutely necessary, I could care less. I usually have 2 words for it.

MPSunshine
Posted: Monday, September 5, 2016 7:02 AM

jfkoc, I just want to say to you as a care partner with my parents that I always appreciate your insights on the caregiver board.  You have a way of hitting the nail on the head and so your follow through there is just fine!  Take care and warmest of appreciations for all your contributions to those of us who are also trying our best to follow through.
jfkoc
Posted: Monday, September 5, 2016 12:35 PM

Thanks, MP....
bela
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 2:39 AM

Yep, Yup and Yes.

Nothing is as important then life/death so I don't care if it gets done...I'm not sure my brain quits but it gets real tired and I just have to rest on a bed, recliner or sofa....ad I usually fall asleep ..this thing of loss is exhausting to the mind, heart and soul. I'm tired, spent and sad.

Moish
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 2:00 PM

Oh my ... I can hardly believe others feel like this too. I can barely put one foot in front of the other. My living room and my bedroom have boxes and bags of my mother's things. I need to unpack and make some order. I need to put her photos away so I can sort them out sometimes in the future when I'm strong enough to look at them.  But I can't do a thing. Even washing the dishes is too difficult for me right now. 

I have more phone calls to make, more people to notify of her death last Monday. And I can't. I was better on Tuesday, the day after she died ... each day since then has got worse. My stomach hurts, I can't eat.