RSS Feed Print
It's my birthday and I really miss my Mom
Bonus
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 1:57 PM

Mom hadn't remembered it was my birthday or even that she had children for a few years and I was OK with that. But now that I can't go sit with her, it's so much harder. I miss her so much.
Moish
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:27 PM

Hugs. And happy birthday.
Bonus
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 9:38 PM

Thank you for the birthday wishes and especially for understanding.
Tink4495
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 10:15 PM

Wishing you a Happy Birthday. She may not be with you physically but she is with you in spirit. Hugs
Still Waters
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 7:14 AM

Wow you know I thought about that too. She did not remember my birthday in over 5 years. I was okay with that too. As long as I could be with her. I am petrified of now of how I am going to feel as well. Same with the holidays coming up. Nothing about what I thought I would feel has happened. I never thought I would feel sadness loneliness after caring for her for so many years. I am glad you posted because now I will brace myself. Once again.....

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 9:07 AM

I hope your Birthday went well if not "happy". Yeah, the holidays are coming up. What to do. I am looking for something to keep me busy like serving Thanksgiving dinner or collecting toys. I will try to keep in mind that Thanksgiving is about giving thanks...not turkey and that Christmas is a religious holiday and does not exist for the sole purpose of merriment.
KML
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 1:26 PM

Happy Birthday, sweetheart.  Treat yourself to something very nice, your mom is in your heart.
Veterans kid
Posted: Sunday, October 2, 2016 7:12 PM

I am so sorry this is belated-

Eh-hem

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday dear Bonus,

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!

My gift to you is that you didn't have to hear me sing it-LOL  

My birthday was a few months ago and it was the first one for me is an orphan, and alone. There's no way around it it just sucks.

KML  is right, she is in your heart and always will be. 

I took the card out that I had bought for myself a couple years ago, that Dad signed, and read it again this year. 

I hope you were able to do something nice for yourself, and again I am sorry this is so late. 

Sending you love, hugs, prayers, and of course and endless pop tarts !!!!! 

Always b VK

Bonus
Posted: Friday, October 7, 2016 11:18 AM

Thank you everyone! I did have a nice day. I'm lucky to have a husband and children who love me no matter what.

The church I attend does this thing during the service where you can share God Moments, which are times where you felt you experienced God's presence. Earlier in the week of my birthday, I had stopped in the church to talk to my minister, who has been a great support for me  along the way. I talked to her about our hospice experience and she asked me to share one of the God Moments in church that Sunday, which was my birthday.

It was wonderful to share and receive such support from the people in church. I felt that my mom, whose faith was such a part of who she was, would have been so pleased.

Thanks again to all of you!