RSS Feed Print
My dad died.(1)
nessa
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:28 PM

I've been caring for my dad for the past eight years after he suffered a stroke. He was able to stay in his own home until March, when he had emergency colon cancer surgery. We found a wonderful AFH where he lived the past 6 months. Lots of laughter, love and excellent care. Kept him stocked with candy, Snapple tea and fresh flowers. His death was what he hoped for... closing his eyes.
jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:18 PM

snapple, candy and flowers...what a good daughter...veteran's kid's father had a supply of poptarts...here it was orange sherbet...

my heart is with you

Tink4495
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:09 AM

Nessa, I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
Moish
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:26 PM

Nessa, my condolences. But how blessed that he died peacefully and that he had laughter and love.
KML
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 1:24 PM

Nessa:

Peace to your father and to you, blessings to you both.

acb10
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 7:31 AM

Nessa,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear father.  Please accept my condolences. It is beautiful that he was surrounded by love.

april

Veterans kid
Posted: Sunday, October 2, 2016 7:18 PM

Nessa,

Please accept  my condolences. I'm about seven months ahead of you, but I can understand a lot of what you're feeling and going through right now. You  were and always will be such a loving daughter, and slowly, very very slowly, the Snapple and flowers, the little things that you did that meant so much-they will be of comfort.

Jfkoc is correct- for my dad it was pop tarts, or ice cream, and then chocolate filled Twinkies !

I'm sending you extra prayers and hugs please know that we are here to help hold you up when you need the extra strength

Always b VK

rfrdaughter
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2016 1:12 PM

Nessa, My sincere condolences and thoughts are going out to you.  God bless you for being such a wonderful daughter.  What a blessing you were to your father.  For my father it was Dairy Queen blizzards.  The next few weeks, months will be filled with ups and downs.  Be gentle with yourself.

Peace,

Meg

nessa
Posted: Friday, October 7, 2016 2:54 PM

Thank you all for your kind replies...waves of sadness, all the would haves, should haves, could haves...hoping he wasn't scared and knew that no matter what happened in the past that he was very loved. 

The 90 year old aunt who had been living with Dad, moved 75 miles away to be closer to another aunt. She's in a posh Adult Retirement Community...was able to get there on Medicaid (very unusual) but still needs/wants my attention.

I am so burned out...it's been 12 years...first my MIL, then Dad and my aunt and always the elephant in the room, my DH with MCI. I just want to be done.