RSS Feed Print
Helping your partner with his or her memory loss
Wendy Joy
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:26 AM

Two years ago my life partner of over 20 years was diagnosed with a form of Alzheimer’s called posterior cortical atrophy.  As you may know, even though the memory disappears, the connection of music to the brain miraculously remains intact and Jim can still sit down at the piano and play as he’s always done.  Last year, in thinking of what lay ahead for me as his 24-hour a day caregiver, I came up with the idea and melody for this song – “I will be your memory”.  We recently put it on YouTube where you can watch it through the following link.

http://youtu.be/Qam1g2P4e70 

Seaside
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:18 PM

Dear Wendy,

My husband passed away last Thanksgiving after 3 years of diagnosed Alzheimer's. We had been married just shy of 50 years. With Thanksgiving coming and all the shopping I've done this week, it's all hitting me again and today was a very bad day for me.

Thank you so much for your beautiful composition! I know that I'll listen to it again and play it for my daughter, as well. I loved the music, lyrics, and the beautiful voice singing your lovely song.

I hope that things go as well as possible for you and Jim. It looks like you had a full and lovely time together.

Thank you again, so very much,

Betty