Thanksgiving
Sasue
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:50 PM

This brought tears to my eyes.
File Attachment(s):
IMG_0387.JPG (84487 bytes)

Lorita
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:59 PM

Mine too, Sandy.  I've had quite a few tears today.  Have a good Thanksgiving with your family.  Talk to you soon?
Still Waters
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:04 AM

My first Thanksgiving without my mother. I thought I was prepared, like I thought I was prepared for her to die but I am not. I think about how last year our neighbors brought food over to the house because they felt sorry for us. It was just the two of us alone because the aids were with their families. But that was okay with me because I had her. I woke up at 3 am last night and did not want to get out of bed. Ever. But I did. God I wish I could turn back time. I would enjoy so much more of it, and not worry so much about stupid things that did not matter like the house being clean. I felt like I was making a little progress then the holidays and I feel awful again.

MPSunshine
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:40 AM

Dear caregivers who have lost someone,

I'm posting this poem here in the hopes that it helps someone especially during Thanksgiving. I give thanks for the nourishment from e-friends here on this website. 

PAIN
AND A woman spoke, saying, Tell us of Pain. And he said:
Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.
And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy;
And you would accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.
And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.
Much of your pain is self-chosen.
It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.
Therefore trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquillity:
For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guide by the tender hand of the Unseen.
And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears.

-- KAHLIL GIBRAN, from THE PROPHET

Still Waters
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:10 AM

Thank you. Loved it.

Lorena K
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 4:21 PM

Thanks for the lovely poems.
Veterans kid
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 11:05 PM

My first Thanksgiving without my dad. Which also means, it's the first Thanksgiving without my mom and dad. My dad told me many times that he wanted me to have a life, that he had lived his, and I am trying to move forward. 

I am very fortunate that a wonderful friend of mine from this board, has invited me tomorrow to spend it with her, her husband, and her two girls. I love their family, and they have been so good to me !!

No matter what, it's going to be rough. I was going through my phone, and found a video or your ago from today, where my dad was whistling and sitting in his chair. I know that he is no longer suffering, and he is not in any pain. It is just us love ones that are left behind. 

My blessings include all of these members here, those that have lost their loved one, and those that are still being a care partner. I'm not sure how I would have made it without all of you. So for that, I am very grateful and thankful. 

I am sending love, prayers, and of course pop tarts! Also, your favorite Thanksgiving dessert- 

Always Be VK