RSS Feed Print
GRIEF QUOTE
George K
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:23 AM

"Grief is love with no place to go."

Jamie Anderson

George K
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:36 PM

So, I've been thinking about this quote a lot.  For me, it could be just as well be "Grief is__________________________ with no place to go".

I 've been filling in the blank with stuff like wanting: companionship, someone special to laugh with, someone to keep my feet warm at night, to feel loved, to feel safe and secure, to feel understood, to be at peace, to have someone to touch and hug, to have someone to share a secret smile with, to have someone to walk in nature with, to have someone with whom I could express my anger but not angrily; pretty much anything we used to do together.  I still try to do them by myself, but it just doesn't seem the same.  I guess the only thing I can change is my attitude.

I know 'Time takes time', and 'This, too, shall pass', but how much longer will this grief stuff last?  I'm tired of feeling so lost and lonely, especially with the holidays approaching.  I keep hearing "Live one day at a time."  I'm sure that's good advice, but it's hard for me tout into practice.  It's overcast, cold and raining outdoors, that sure doesn't help.

Thanks for reading this, I feel a little bit better now, but not much. 

just exhibit Love
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:53 PM

George K

A beautiful quote and so true.

Yes my friend so many people we have loved and cherished in our lifetime pass before we do and that is the hardest thing in life I feel ..and we each know when someone we love is gone from our sight they are never gone from our hearts.. and some days more than others our memories go to a place of sadness and we feel alone.

But this I know for sure..we help each other the best way we know how and when you post your thoughts and feelings it helps others and ourselves by putting it in writing it makes us feel heard and validated..and each of us need this.

George I cherish reading your posts and I wanted you to know you are not alone in your grief and hope your day gets better.

Namaste

Love Rosie