RSS Feed Print
Combatting Loneliness
Needing Support
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:29 PM

My DH, Jim passed away on January 1, 2017.  Jim and I were married 42 years with 2 children and 2 grandchildren.

2017 has been the hardest year that I have ever had starting out with loosing my DH, Jim, on January 1, 2017, and then numerous other losses  combined with my health challenges! I am housebound most of the time due to my health challenges. WOW!

I am a Christian and listen to Christian Music, watch Christian Movies, read Christian Grief Books, listen to Josh Groban's beautiful voice, pray, spend time with family and friends,  e-mail and talk to other people who have lost a loved one, etc., but the bottom line is that it is very hard living alone after 42 years of marriage! 

I would love to hear from other people who have found have found ways of Combatting  Loneliness after loosing a loved one!

Thank you very much for your understanding and support!

Needing Support

Pam14
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:34 PM

Needing Support -

My heart & prayers are with you in the loss of your DH.  I can't imagine what that must be like for you.

Living alone has to be a very difficult situation for you.  It sounds like you are trying to do everything you can to cope, but still when it's all done at the end of the day, you're alone.  Though I haven't lived that, I do get it. 

First of all, you probably are still in the very early stages of grieving your dearly departed husband.  Give yourself some credit for how you've come this far & don't expect a lot from yourself.  Is it possible for you to move into an independent community where it could help with your medical issues & allow you to be around other people more?  I know professionals usually say not to make any major changes for at least the first year after a major loss, but sometimes we need to do what will give us the best quality of life.

It's time to be good to yourself now.  You've raised your children, you've cared for your husband & probably many others, & now it's time for you.  Think about what would make you most comfortable & help you have the best quality of life you can get.  You stated you are of Christian faith.  Then I know you believe that as long as you are living & breathing God has a purpose for you to be here.  Find joy where you can - even if it means relocating - & know that others care about you.  You deserve to treat yourself as well as you treated your children raising them & taking care of your DH.  God be with you ...

Needing Support
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:04 PM

Pam14,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and support, it means so much to me!

I have been down medically for the last 4 months and doing the best that I can to get through the day...I am in the Survival Mode, not the Thriving Mode.

I did try to Private Message you, but my Private Messaging is not working...I was not able to type, send a Private Message to you, etc.

I will report that my Private Messaging is not working and see what can be done to rectify the situation sooner. hopefully. rather than later!

Hugs to You!

Needing Support

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:35 PM

I could not have made it without my dog.