RSS Feed Print
ashes will be delivered today
biker013
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2020 7:17 AM

DH was cremated, and his ashes will be  hand-delivered to me today.  He was a Navy veteran, so we will inter most of his ashes in the nearby veteran's cemetery.  He was also a big Clemson fan (he worked 21 years as a photographer for the athletic department), so we will also scatter some ashes near the stadium.
ladyzetta
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2020 12:58 PM

I did the same thing with my DH ashes. He loved to hunt so part of his ashes went to 2 of his favorite hunting places. We also liked to go to a favorite park so part of him is there that way I can go sit in the park knowing he is there. 

Take care of yourself today it will be hard. Hugs Zetta 

Katy sue
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 1:08 PM

I’m sure it was a heart warming moment for you, but also very difficult. 

Tom’s ashes are in a beautiful urn sitting on my dresser top. It gives me great comfort during difficult grieving, as well as good moments that happen in life now. Someday, when I am ready, I will fly to Utah ...Park City ..and take the gondola up to Copper mountain and scatter the ashes. We skied there many times,  and on our 2nd anniversary we went to the top of Copper and he took out a ring from his pocket. It was what we later called the snowball ring because it is a pearl with two diamonds. Cherished memories. Hugs to you. 

TessC
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 1:41 PM

What a bittersweet day. How are you doing today? I hope you are comforted by your DH ashes. I have some of mom's ashes in an tiny urn and I am comforted by them. I keep flowers near it at all times and will continue to do so for a year. My way of celebrating her life. Take good care and hope you are doing well today.
biker013
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 5:29 AM

update:  We (myself and DHs adult children and his brother)  are slowly working on plans for a Celebration of Life and interment (the virus is affecting plans).  So I still have all of the ashes (I have put a small portion into a separate container for me to keep).
TessC
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2020 10:31 PM

This is late and perhaps you have found a suitable container for your dear husband's ashes that you kept, but I found a very nice, small urn for my mom's ashes on Etsy. Make me a Connection and I can share the link with you if you are interested.  It was not expensive, but of good quality and I was able to have it personalized.  I hope you are doing well!
trixeebelle
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2020 11:28 AM

I received my DH's ashes on Monday.  It feels weird.