RSS Feed Print
Across The Universe
Army_Vet60
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2020 4:55 PM

The quarantine is winding down here. The cemetery re-opened so I can visit my wife again.

I hope the Hospice will be able to hold a ceremony scheduled for this month.

Attached is a photo of a memorial brick the Hospice is going to inlay in front of their Main Building. It's to honor Sandy and to celebrate our bond for eternity.  The song echoes our spirituality that God and the Universe are one and the same.  We promised to find each other after our physical deaths and travel across the universe together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLddD6Xf-8g

File Attachment(s):
brick.jpg (151624 bytes)

TessC
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2020 10:11 PM

Jim, love the brick! Thanks for sharing this version of John Lennon's song. I have never heard it! Love it and I'm going back now to listen to it again. Enjoy your time with your Sandy. I went to my mom's grave on Mother's Day-the first time I've been there since she died- and it was a beautiful day and I felt at peace.
Army_Vet60
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 7:41 AM

TessC wrote:
Jim, love the brick! Thanks for sharing this version of John Lennon's song. I have never heard it! Love it and I'm going back now to listen to it again. Enjoy your time with your Sandy. I went to my mom's grave on Mother's Day-the first time I've been there since she died- and it was a beautiful day and I felt at peace.
Hi Tess,  
I'm happy you were able to visit your mother.  I was surprised at how peaceful it is at the cemetery. I guess it helps to know her suffering is over. I hope the visits help you as well.

I just found that version recently.  This may be the version Lennon wanted to release on the Let It Be Album. Lennon said McCartney insisted on a certain guitar tuning and he gave in. Then the producer, Phil Spector, then added a choir to the background.

Apparently, McCartney got some of these songs released in their original versions several years ago.

I was 10 years old when this song came out. It stayed with me from the first time I heard it.

star26
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:19 AM

Army_Vet60 wrote:Attached is a photo of a memorial brick the Hospice is going to inlay in front of their Main Building. It's to honor Sandy and to celebrate our bond for eternity.  The song echoes our spirituality that God and the Universe are one and the same.  We promised to find each other after our physical deaths and travel across the universe together.

This is so beautiful! 

Skittles412
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 6:43 AM

What a beautiful sentiment. This version of the song is lovely.  I can't wait to see my mom on the other side, I love the thought.  Sending lots of love to you and your beautiful wife "across the universe"

xoxoxo -Kat