RSS Feed Print
A First Dance
Army_Vet60
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:38 AM

I finished Grief Therapy with my individual counselor this month. The door is still open to attend group sessions as needed in the future.

Something really unexpected happened this past weekend.

For the first time in two years, since my wife became unable to - I danced with someone and enjoyed it.

It was a friend I hadn't seen in about 12 years. 

We had 6 -7 dances Friday night and at the end of the night a lot of people told me it looked like Sandy was with me out on the floor. They were really excited to see me dancing and the chemistry was go strong they thought Sandy was giving me a sign that it was okay to do this.

She returned on Saturday, and again we danced all evening.  East Coast Swing and Cha Chas.

It did feel like a gift from Sandy to have me experience that kind of dance again.

The woman is visiting family here from a long distance, so I just appreciate having a dance partner while she's here.  

Combined with my pending volunteer position at the Hospice, I feel like I'm finally starting to move forward and not just keeping my head above water. 

TessC
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:10 PM

That is super exciting! I can't dance, but when I do, it's exhilarating and I have fun. Enjoy yourself-maybe Sandy would want that.