RSS Feed Print
heartbroken
trouble77
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 9:08 PM

on 8/21/20 my grandma passed away and now my heart is severely shattered when i saw her my whole world shattered it still hasnt fully hit yet...all i feel is severely numb and also dealing with some anger due to the decline of my grandmothers house i just wish i could feel something i feel like i lost a part of myself when she died
TessC
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 6:30 PM

I am very sorry for the passing of your dear grandmother. She was someone very special to you and naturally you would feel this lost after her passing.  Please speak to the funeral home and they can set you up with a grief support group or at least a newsletter with helpful advice to process your grief.

We are also here to listen to you and help if we can. I think your grandmother would want you to be happy and that may help you heal in the weeks to come. That knowledge helped me to get back my joy after my mom died. All her life she wanted me to be happy and she often told me that, so I try to be happy now in her honor. Take care and God Bless your grandmother.

Jo C.
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 12:05 AM

I am so very sorry.  There are not words sufficient to describe the pain at the loss of our beloveds; it is a matter of the heart.  I too had a grandmother that I loved beyond measure.

She was a large part of so many loving memories of my childhood and beyond into adulthood. She gave so much to me in so many ways; I have adored her; always.

When she passed, I felt such a deeply sad loss and an empty place that is hard to describe. It has been several years and I think of her often, and realize that I have been truly blessed and gifted at having had her in my life.

Sometimes, I softly talk to her; and let her know how thankful I am and that I continue to think of her and love her in memory. So many memories.

Those first months and first holidays after the loss were really difficult and the pain is not one that is easily eased; but being thankful for having had her in my life has helped in gaining perspective.  I can imagine that you also are grateful for all the years and the love that you shared.

As time passes, you may well find that the raw pain eases as most of us have found, and that the memories can be a comfort and embrace you.

I send warm thoughts your way from one granddaughter to another,

J.

trouble77
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 2:44 PM

so far its almost a month and i miss her this disease is an evil curse i am going day to day i am glad that she is out of that disease and at the same time i am devestated bc she was my 2nd mom she was there when i got diagnosed bipolar and she was amazing at learning things about it now that she is gone i feel like a part of my world is gone
KawKaw
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 6:52 PM

I would agree with you that loss of someone we love can feel like part of the world has vanished.

Like you say about your grandmother, I am glad my mother is no longer suffering with dementia but miss her at the same time.

It can be hard to accommodate somewhat opposing viewpoints at the same time.

But they are both true.

Your grandmother was fortunate to be loved by someone as deeply and completely as you loved her.

I am so glad for her.  I am very sad for you for this profound loss.