RSS Feed Print
I can hardly beleive it-mom's been gone a year!
TessC
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 11:28 PM

Yesterday was mom's 1 year death anniversary. Us siblings got together but we didn't speak a lot about mom. Talked about everything but....I guess we wanted to remember her in our separate ways.

I have placed fresh flowers in front of her ashes for the past year. I will now buy living orchids - they last longer. I think my broken heart is mending, but I miss her a lot. She and my dad are buried about an hour and 40 minutes away so it's not easy to go see their graves, but I hope to get out there at least 2 times a year while I am able.

To all who are still grieving, or have a death anniversary coming up- I wish you well and blessings to you and your loved ones.

ladyzetta
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 4:23 PM

Hello Tess,

It sure does not seem like its been a year. Your MaMa will be with you forever she is in your heart. You were a Angel to your Mother.

My DH has been gone 3 years in April and it seems like he was here yesterday. Please continue taking care of yourself and have a good life. Hugs Zetta  

KawKaw
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 8:39 PM

Anniversaries are challenging.

Live orchids sound lovely.  Something about living plants is gently nurturing.

I often feel that the relationship of mother and daughter has almost unlimited levels of interweaving threads.

Even though we generally expect our parents to pass before we do, there is such a hole created by their loss.

I am glad you were able to gather with your siblings and share current events with each other.