RSS Feed Print
Completed my voter ballot
KawKaw
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 4:40 PM

I feel so privileged and humble to have the opportunity to cast my ballot for local and national candidate and issues.

I have always loved voting since I started at age 18. 

This is my first home ballot.  I am going to drop it off at the Registrar of Voters office tomorrow.

I love going in person to vote.  Being with other voters.  Having the opportunity to thank the poll volunteers.

This will be my first year of not having an "I voted" sticker on voting day.  I will miss it, but it is a tiny disappointment in the scheme of things.

I am so grateful I am still able to vote and hope I can continue for a long time to come.  Having MCI, I am not sure how long I will be able to understand and participate.

It is a very accomplished and positive emotion I am experiencing.  I am glad I still feel the reverence of the opportunity to cast my ballot.  That has never changed.

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 12:40 PM

I had planned to vote in person.  The mail has been very dysfunctional in my locality in the past two months, even before election voting began.  A letter mailed to me four weeks ago has not arrived yet.  Two checks I mailed took over three weeks to arrive at their respective destinations.  I can't rely on the post office for my ballot.  I might go early to a voting center.  I voted early for another big election.  

Iris

KawKaw
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 6:46 PM

How annoying that your postal delivery has been that way!

It could even be dangerous for people if they depend on the post for medications or medical supplies.  

I hope very much that it improves soon and becomes consistent and dependable.