RSS Feed Print
eyesight seems to suddenly change
tryingtolearn
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2020 10:22 PM

very recently rather suddenly my LO seems out of whack

i will get her to an eye doctor but i really think it is the disease more than her eyes

She can’t seem to easily identify things anymore and everything seems to be seen as potentially a scary face or item 

Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2020 11:32 PM

This is called visual agnosia--not being able to recognize things.  

Iris L.

IWBH1990
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2020 4:53 AM

My DW wears bifocals, and a couple of times a week I'll see her walking across the room with her glasses upside down, and slid down her nose a bit. When we opened Christmas presents unless told, she really did not know what it was.  She just was at the eye Dr. last February, so I believe its a brain processing issue rather than eyesight.
John_inFlorida
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2020 6:52 AM

there are many times when my DW is looking right at something and doesn't see it, until I point it out and then she does see it. She goes regularly to the eye doctor. So its not her vision, but I guess a brain processing thing as well
Ed1937
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2020 7:40 AM

I also think it is a brain processing thing.
Rescue mom
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2020 9:31 AM

I’ve been slightly puzzled lately by DHs inability to either recognize a clock or be able to tell what time it is. 

He can be looking right at a clock —we have several, in same places they been for many years—and ask me what time it is. One with just the numbers of the time, or one with hands, doesn’t matter. (When asked 3 months ago to draw a clock, he did it perfectly, although he failed  a big majority of the other questions)

I have tried asking him (in various other words, trying not to be so obvious or put him on the spot) if he knows what “this” (point to clock) and he gives a no response like “I know what it is” and walks away, or he’ll say never mind, he doesn’t need to know (some truth to that). But it’s happened so much I have to think he’s lost either the ability to tell time and/or to recognize a clock.

His vision, btw, seems fine, he can see just about anything outside, and on Tv, and read words aloud (he does not remember or understand what he reads, but he can see them)

MVChappy
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2020 10:14 AM

I logged on to specifically to post this eye issue....DW has just developed an eye issue, where she's rubbing her eye with a tissue, like its tearing, but its not....also one eye tends not to open all the way....Unfortunately a trip to the eye Dr. will be more stressful than meaningful due to her inability to walk or stand....What I also noticed  skin darkness & discoloration around her neck area...I feel this is a sign of additional progression of this horrific illness......Can anyone share a similar situation?