RSS Feed Print
closure, at last
bunifoot
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 7:13 PM

I have something that might help with overwheming grief.  My DH died at home 01-21-2020 AD at home in his sleep.  For the last year, I have been up and down with grief.  Church had a grief-share group which helped.  Dec 19, 2020 AD we got DH's remains in the ground.  The hold up was waiting on a gravestone to be shipped from Georgia to Nebraska.  That night I prayed to our Creater  to lift the 'spirit of grief' that was overwelming me .  HE DID!!  I awoke the next morning after a good nights sleep feeling that it was gone.  I home this is some help .  God is faithful.

Julie aka bunifoot

chrisp1653
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2021 10:27 PM

My own grief process is really just starting. My Barbara passed this life on December 20, 2020. I had been praying that she might not suffer, and as near as I can tell, she was not in any physical pain. Was she suffering inwardly, seeing her body ravaged by the Parkinson's ? Was she aware of her inability to articulate any but the most simple words or thoughts ?

I don't know. What I do know is that she left a hole that I was not aware of until I found her with cool skin and bluish lips. That hole is being filled, as I learn how to be a single man again, but it won't happen instantly, and I wouldn't want it to. Like a lot of things in life, grief is a journey.

I am currently going through things in our house that were Barbara's, and each of her little " treasures " brings back some kind of memory. Some of those treasures will stay with me, and some will go to other homes, where they can become someone else's treasure.

That hole I spoke of which is being filled.... the filler is my memories.

TessC
Posted: Sunday, January 3, 2021 3:14 PM

I'm touched by the journeys through grief that are shared here. We each have a history that is different with each lost LO but love is love and we understand the other's grief. I hope that as the days pass, we all will find that our LOs remain dear to us and we find joy when remembering their lives and our times together.
dutiful deb
Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2021 10:51 PM

bunifoot, sorry about your husband. I'm glad you found peace. 

Chrisp, I am sorry to hear of Barbara's passing. Grief is definitely a journey.  

You are both in my prayers.