RSS Feed Print
I miss my mom(1)
Tross760
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 7:38 AM

It hasn’t quite been six months since mom left. Since she left, I packed and sold two houses, mine and hers. I take care of my dad- we all moved cross country from California to Tennessee. I so wish I could just pick up the phone and talk to her. Or just give her a hug and hear her voice. Some days I do ok, other days I just weep. With mom passing so fast, I still struggle a lot of days with the “why?”.  Like, this is really it. She isn’t here any more.
ladyzetta
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 11:16 PM

Dar Tross,

You got a lot done in 6 months, you were pretty busy. You were so busy you probably did not take the time to really feel the loss of your Mother. Now is the time for grief and that is good. It needs to happen. Your Mom will be with you always in thought and spirit. Take Care of Yourself. Hugs Zetta  

Amymv
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 1:52 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss.  It sounds like your mom was diagnosed and then didn't live much longer, is that correct?  Losing our mom is unbearable, but no wonder you are struggling since she left quickly and you have been so busy selling homes and moving! 

Grief comes and goes and hits you when you least expect it.  Please give yourself some grace and sit with the feelings when they come. You have been through SO MANY life changes! We all grieve in different ways, so I am not trying to tell you what to do. 

I teared up the other day at the grocery store when I saw the Lorna Doone cookies on the shelf (mom's favorite). Mom passed away in June of 2020. 

I hope you keep coming here.  We need to support each other!

Tross760
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2021 7:01 AM

Hi Zetta and Amy, 

Zetta- I do think so much was going on that I am just starting to really process losing mom. I asked my primary for a therapy referral. 

Amy, 

Yes, mom “fell ill” Oct 15, 2020, diagnosed by Dec and then we lost her Feb 25th. While Alz is generally slow- I think she had it far longer than we all knew. I can look back and see signs now. I believe the Vascular Dementia portion was what took her so fast. 

RetiredGopher2010
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 8:56 AM

A quote that has helped me: "Life brings tears, smiles and memories. Tears dry, smiles fade, but memories last forever."  Cherish your memories.
TessC
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2021 1:09 PM

Your grief is still strong. You have been so busy-but the grief can sneak up and really hurt at times. It'll be 2 years in October since my mother died but I miss her everyday and feel the loss deeply. I wouldn't want it any other way. She is always with me in spirit and that brings me comfort.  One day you may also feel that special peace of knowing she is really always with you. Take care!
Amymv
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2021 11:52 AM

Hi-

Checking in and wondering how you are doing.  Do you feel settled in your new home?  I hope you are getting time to take care of yourself!