RSS Feed Print
Never thought that I would be on this part of the alz connect
Rosemarie
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 8:02 AM

Rosemarie
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 8:20 AM

My mommy died on Monday, Jan. 30th. It was a long 9 days watching her die. She was so peaceful and for that I'm glad. She didn't like being touched and I would clean her up as fast as I could then sit by her bed and hold her hand for a few minutes and talk to her. I put soft music on in room and would walk out and try to keep myself busy. I must of walked in and out of her room a hundred times a day. Now I have the door closed and really don't want to go in there. I know with time I will go in there and redecorate the room and I have to donate some of her pants and shirts to a shelter for women.

We are having a party in March to celebrate her life, that's when my sister will be back in town and it gives me time to get things together.

It so odd not taking care of her, I cared for her for over 3yrs in my home. I'm going to try and go to work today. Just keep thinking about what i'm going to do with all the time I have know, the freedom to come and go. I'm thinking that I need to start walking and get some of this caregiver 20lbs off.

Take care of yourselves.

I do know one thing, I did the best that I could in taking care of my mom and I know how much she loved me. She was happy, safe and will cared for.

madamme
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 10:08 AM

Rosemarie-

Your Last sentence says it all..LOVE was what got you through..in spite of and because of it, you were able to walk the path with your Mom...

The important thing in these first weeks is to be gentle with yourself...this disease changes us in so many ways..do what you can..but do not push yourself too hard..

I might suggest that you open the door to her room, perhaps not all the way, but just a little...as an aknowledgement of her...

Take care..so not go away completely, this part of the board is not as active, its sort of a shadowy place, but its here for you to vent and let go just as the other was...its improtant for this new part of the path you are walking on...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}-M