RSS Feed Print
Glen Campbell on CBS news 11pm Fri 2/10/12
Iris L.
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 5:16 PM

Glen Campbell will be featured on the CBS news in the Los Angeles area tonight.  He will discuss his Alzheimer's diagnosis.   I'll look for a link to post tomorrow.

Iris L.

Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 1:55 AM

I watched the entire 30 minutes news--no Glen Campbell.  Why not? 

I was watching ABC news, not CBS news!  oops!  >:P phbbbbt (phbbbt)

Here is a link to the transcript:  http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/10/resources-for-those-affected-by-alzheimers-disease/ 

Iris L.

hopeful30
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 1:42 PM

iris, i grew up with Glen Campbell and loved his music. i saw the interview with him and his wife. it made me both sad and inspired to see him pursue his music even if it will come to an end (officially) this year. when he played on the Grammys last night he did awesome, but before they went to commercial, i saw how confused he was and he asked "where do i go?" fortunately his daughter is with him always and many loving friends. he is so loved and while its sad to see yet another have this disease you can also see the support and love he has and his will to keep on singing as long as possible. it inspires me thats for sure!!! (i love Rhinestone Cowboy!!) in the interview his wife said he doesnt know he has alz. and when he hears it from her he says "i do? i dont feel like i do." got to love that!!!
Iris L.
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 3:56 PM

I thought Glen sang well and moved well.  He engaged the audience.  He did not seem to use a teleprompter.  I thought he was great last night on the Grammys. 

There was no interview with Glen Campbell on the CBS late news last night.  But elena from the Caregiver board had posted a link to the CBS Sunday morning news: 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3445_162-57376147/glen-campbells-final-tour/?tag=strip  

I did not care for the interviewer.  Why would a journalist think it's of interest to write that the Alzheimer's patient needs to be reminded that he has Alzhemer's?  It made him look like a doddering old dude. (IMO) 

Iris L 

Geegee
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:03 PM

I've recently seen several of his interviews and of course his Emmys performance.  He always appears to have a happy attitude.  That is good to see.