RSS Feed Print
SSDI
Michelle 50
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:31 AM

Sorry but I just need to vent. It has been a month since I applied for a reconsideration

and an appeal to my denial for ssdi benfits. I was told this also would be fast tracked and here I sit still waiting for something. This has been very frustrating to me especially since I shouldn't have been denied in the first place.I have been trying very hard to enjoy every day and not let things that I have no control over take over my peace of mind however dealing with the staff at ss has been robing me of that. I want to just let go but unfortunately the bills sit here waiting to be paid as I sit her waiting for a ssdi check. This whole process has me on an emotional roller coaster which is not good! So for today I'm going for a walk on the beach and doing some errands and hopefully forget about it. Thanks for listening!

Michelle    Polar Bear 

Lisa428
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:31 PM

Michelle,

I'm so sorry you are having problems with social security.  Have you called your doctor for assistance?  Perhaps call your local AD chapter to see if they can help you.

There's always the AD Helpline 24/7, 800-272-3900.

It is hard to move on without knowing when you will be able to pay your bills.

Taking a walk is a great idea!  Reducing your stress and enjoying the day.

Thinking of you.

Please, let me know how it goes.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

Geegee
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:04 PM

Michelle, please DO call the Helpline and ask for a Care Consultant before this weekend begins and Monday is a holiday.  

Discuss the particulars with them and see why they think you were first denied.  If you have a probable Alzheimer's diagnogsis, you should have been fast tracked.  That is the extent of my knowledge.

I'm so sorry for the stress you must be feeling.  I'm glad you have a beach close by to walk on.  That should help for today. 

Hang in there.