RSS Feed Print
Try Music
Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 1:26 AM

We had a wonderful thread about music on the old board.  I thought I would restart a music thread here.   

I want to begin by reposting a video from LarryD, one of the spouse caregivers: 

"This is a site that my grandson showed to me. A man in a nursing home who was revived for a time by music from his past....Interesting.... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyZQf0p73QM  

I hope it comes through..." 

Feel free to post your own thoughts about music and your own links to music sites and videos that you want to share with us. 

Iris L 

Lisa428
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:57 AM

Iris,

That was a wonderful video!  Thank you for sharing.

Like many, I still love music too.

This is a real reminder for caregivers and people with AD/EOAD.

Don't forget the music.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

Mimi S.
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:40 PM

Music, art, poetry and reading need to be used more often for our loved ones
Willow
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:51 AM

Thank you Iris, for sharing this!  I say Wow what an impact!!!  I'm a big fan of music and many genres and am in a 'Muddy Waters' faze right now.  I feel so good listening to him!!!

Thanks again for sharing!  

Willow
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:55 AM

Thank you Iris, for sharing this!  I say Wow what an impact!!!  I'm a big fan of music and many genres and am in a 'Muddy Waters' faze right now.  I feel so good listening to him!!! 

Thanks again for sharing!    

Be Strong 2
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 7:56 PM

My DW's MCH always has music playing, although sometimes I think it is more for the workers than the residents.  The residents seem to like it more when the Oldies station is playing rather than the Country station.

The other day when I was visiting I was interacting with my wife and her friend who is originally from London.  I was teasing the friend about the British invasion (Beatles) from the 60's.  We couldn't decide on a song that we knew until I thought of "Yellow Submarine".  We couldn't remember anything but the chorus so I Googled it on my iPhone.  I found a video on YouTube and we three had a great time singing along.  Both my wife and her friend had big smiles.

I will remember that for future visits.  The internet is a such a treasure house of information and songs to use, and I always have my phone with me.

Bob  

Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:23 AM

We had a music therapist from the local rehab hospital attend one of my Women't Peer Support Groups.   

She talked with us about using simple instruments to make music, such as maracas, tambourines, small drums, and small flutes.  We also clapped with our hands and marched in place in time with the music.   

All of this is to go along with our singing old tunes from our youth and our childhoods. 

Iris L.